We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort / location?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
560 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Which Resort / location?

Hi

I'm wondering which would be the best location to stay. I'm looking for a quality 4* resort hotel with lovely grounds, pool and facilities, hopefully with easy access to restaurants and the parks for a few days. We're a three generation group with elderly parents. Would we be best staying in a Disney World resort property or are they better for families with children?

pa
Level Contributor
53,716 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort / location?

I highly recomend Disney Resorts for everyone :)

A few favourites include, but of course would not be limited to

Wilderness Lodge

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/wildlodge.htm

If you think you might enjoy being a quick walk or Boat ride from Epcot

The Boardwalk Inn

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/boards.htm

Beach Club

www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/Resorts/beach.htm

From those Links yoo can explore all the Wonderful Disney Resorts

If your travel dates are within the next 4 months, there is a very nice Offer, Buy 4 Nights, Get 3 Free.

www.wdwinfo.com/disneypackages.htm#general

uk
Level Contributor
23 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort / location?

We have just got back from 2 wonderful weeks staying at Disneys polynesian and it was fantastic,we have been a few times and stayed off site at International drive but this time with 3 children aged 7,5 and 4 decided to stay on site and it was well worth it as we could come and go to all the parks as and when we pleased all the transport options make it so easy to get around. So on site definitely recommended. Hope this helps.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort / location?

If the kids are young and you'll be spending a lot of time at the Magic Kingdom I'd go with the Polynesian-casual atmosphere, fun (although sometimes crowded) pool, monorail to both the MK and Epcot. The Polynesian has two fairly casual restaurants 'Ohana, an AYCE skewer place with Polynesian activities for the kids (think learn to hula) and Kona Cafe, a more standard place. A character breakfast featuring Lilo and Stitch is held every morning. You're just a short monorail ride away from all of the restaurants in the Grand Floridian and Contemporary, both of which feature fine dining, casual places and character meals.

If the kids are a bit older you think you'll prefer Epcot an/or Hollywood Studios I'd pick the Beach Club-casual atmosphere and the best pool on Disney property. You can walk to both Epcot and Hollywood Studios from here. I'm not a fan of the restaurants here and the food court is meager but you can easily walk to any of the eateries along the Boardwalk.

If you want that WOW factor and excellent in-house dining I'd choose the Animal Kingdom Lodge-fabulous theming and a very, very nice pool. The restaurants here are, IMHO, the best on property, no character meals though. All parks are accessed by bus but the AKL buses are never shared with another resort. The Polynesian and Beach Club will probably share a bus with at least one other resort..

The Polynesian will have the largest rooms, the AKL the smallest. I believe the AKL does have bunkbed rooms if the kids don't like sharing.

Happy planning!

Jennifer

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,777 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort / location?

Everyone has hit all the Disney places so I'll one offsite.

If you think 'all Disney All the time' may be too much, and watch a more home from home place try the Villas at Grand Cypress.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Resort / location?

I would suggest somewhere in Lake Buena Vista simply for convenience and the fact that you do not have up to 45 minutes in queing traffic like you do if you stay in parts of Kissimee

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Resort / location?

WDW Swan and Dolphin Hotel, (www.swandolphin.com) great place with 17 restaurants and lounges, 5 swimming pools and Spa. It has lovely grounds and easy to walk to Epcot and HS as well as along the Broadwalk. Transportation is also provided to all Disney theme parks.

7. Re: Which Resort / location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2010, 06:18