We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions about Marriott's Grande Vista

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
114 reviews
Save Topic
Questions about Marriott's Grande Vista

I just booked a 3 bedroom condo at the Marriott's Grande Vista for next year and it's been a bunch of years since I've been to Orlando and I'm not at all familiar with this property. Can anyone tell me how far it is from the Grande Vista to Universal Studios and Walt Disney World? Do they run a shuttle or do we need a car? Does the Grande Vista charge for parking?Any other info you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Cromwell, CT
Level Contributor
766 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions about Marriott's Grande Vista

First off, congrats on choosing MGV... you'll love it!!!

Location is wonderful. You're just back far enough from the main road where you'll have peace and quiet... no road sounds at all. However, you're close enough, that you're not feeling like you're going out of the way!

Universal Studios is a straight shot (with a little jig/jag) down International Drive. It never takes us more than 10 minutes.

Disney properties? Simple too... the entrance to I-4 is mere minutes away from the MGV, and once you're on that, just follow the signs. Honestly, it's never taken us more than 15 minutes to reach any parking lot. Granted, we do go in May when it's a bit off-peak.

Unfortunately, they do not provide shuttles, so you will need transportation. And the parking at Grande Vista is free. There is a security guard, so it's quite secure as well.

All in all.... you'll love that you chose there. We'll be there in May again!!

Toms River, New...
Destination Expert
for Kapolei
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions about Marriott's Grande Vista

Thanks jk,

We love Marriott and had heard from friends that the property is nice. We haven't been to Disney in at least 12 years. The game plan is 2 days at Universal to see the new Harry Potter exhibit, et al and then time at Disney. We've always stayed in the park but we had the lock off of our Hawaii timeshare to trade so we booked another Marriott. We're not going for sometime but one of the reasons I wanted to know now is to decide who to invite (3 bedrooms, wow!) and whether we'll need a rental car (yes, we will). Thanks for the help.

3. Re: Questions about Marriott's Grande Vista

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2010, 06:17