We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what is the weather like at disney world in december

st osyth
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what is the weather like at disney world in december

hello we are due to go to disney next monday 1/12 can anyone tell me what the weather should be like and what sort of clothes i need to pack for the evenings thank you

Horsham
Level Contributor
2,690 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what is the weather like at disney world in december

Hi we have been at the end of December before, and it was cold in the early mornings, so we wore tshirts with light jackets or cardigans, and then by mid morning, we took them off, and back on again by around 6pm. We had really bad rain New Years eve, but that was the only rain in two weeks.

So Tshirts, shorts, and jackets with maybe some warmer trousers for the evenings x

It was a while ago so someone may be able to help you a little more x x

Hope you have a fantastic holiday x

uk
Level Contributor
1,284 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what is the weather like at disney world in december

we have gone many times - and always had a great time regardless of the weather as long as we were dress for it. here my summary

very hot - strap tops/shorts- busy queues

hot- t-shirts busy

OK tshirts & cardi for evening busy but quiter in late evening

cool - t shirts& cardi for day- heavier sweater for evening and early am quiter am and pm

cold- sweaters all day- jackets evening and ealry am- no real queues pm and am ride again on any water rides

freezing (and I mean below zero for most of the day) hats/gloves/ scarfs/ jackets all day bar about 2 hrs when hats, scarf and gloves came off- quite all day - many ride again opertunities

so as you can see it is pretty much anything, just take a mix of clothes and look forward to all weather as parks look great in the sun and even if you have to queue. Parks are great in the cold as most locals run for cove at below 10oC.

But I do think its a shame when we see tourists who think the florida is always above 70oC (re brochure temps), wondering around with hotel blankets round them and their kids as they did not bring warm clothes.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what is the weather like at disney world in december

December can bring a wide range of temeratures. We have needed heavy coats, hats and gloves at the beginning of the week and bathing suits by weeks end. Much harder to pack for this time of year as you could truly need anything.

4. Re: what is the weather like at disney world in december

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2010, 06:34