We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to take

st osyth
Level Contributor
59 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
what to take

is there anything unusual you need to take

Berkshire, England
Level Contributor
15,237 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to take

Whenever you go take a kagoul for the rain, light clothes for the heat and a warm jacket and jeans in case it is cold at night.

We needed mosquito repellent when we went in October but were not bothered by them when we went in May or November. It might have been because there was a "heatwave" in October mind!!!!

Enjoy your trip.

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to take

Walkie talkies are handy if your group needs to split up in the parks, or if you have older teens who might want to go off ahead.

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to take

One thing that I wished that I had packed was a tube of a good hand cream. At the parks I was washing my hands and using anti-bacterial gel constantly and my hands became terribly dry. The lotion given at the hotel was cheap and did no good to soothe my cracked skin.

Another thing that comes in handy is plastic baggies. We carried a few into the park and when my young daughter did not finish her nuggets/burger/whatever for lunch we packed it up and, 10 minutes later when she was "starving!" again we whipped it out and she munched in the stroller as we went on with our day.

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to take

I would always pack sunscreen. No matter what the weather, one can get a burn.

That baggie tip is a great idea!

Also I used to always pack little bags of snacks if you have kids- like fruit snacks. The little snacks can certainly add up when you have little ones.

Also, I would, of course pack a camera with extra batteries, if it is digital. Batteries can be expensive at the parks.

Depending when you are coming, you will need to pack clothes in layers. The weather is extremely changeable this time of year. It can go from hot to kind of cold pretty quickly. I would pack a light jacket or hoodie for the evenings.

But most of all- No Worries- you can get anything you may have forgotten pretty easily.

5. Re: what to take

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2010, 06:35