We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

Going to all 4 parks is possible with a knowledgeable visitor and hitting the main attractions at each park. I did this about 4 years ago, so some of the logistics have changed but here goes: Got there about 30mins before they opened and parked at Epcot and took the monorail to Magic Kingdom. At the Magic Kingdom we went on Space, Thunder, and Splash mountains, Peter Pan, Haunted Mansion, Pirates and Buzz Lightyear. Then we left for Animal Kingdom around 12pm by bus and went on Dinosaur, Jungle Trek and probably one or 2 more rides that I can’t recall. (This was pre Everest) We also ate lunch here at a scaled down- up priced McDonalds. We then left for MGM around 3pm and went on Tower of Terror, Rocking Roller Coaster, Star Tours, and the Great movie ride. Then we left for Epcot probably around 5:30pm. At Epcot we went on Body Wars, the Land, Mission Space, Test Track, Living Seas, Journey to Imagination, Ellen’s Energy Adventure, The Norway and Mexico rides and eating dinner in Mexico. (Pre Soarin) We left the Worldshow case after watching the light show for a few minutes and went on Spaceship earth on the way out near closing time. To be honest I’m not sure if this is possible for most people as the both of us were in excellent shape and didn’t really need many breaks, I couldn’t imagine doing this with kids or the elderly. Also I have been to Disney World numerous times before this and was very familiar with the layout of the park and my friend who had never been and wanted to see all of four of the parks. My best advice for the majority of people reading this is to try focusing on 3 parks in one day and skipping either MGM or Animal Kingdom. I would definitely skip Animal kingdom if you are also visiting Busch Gardens (which is much better)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,938 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

We have done 4 parks in one day but on our last day to hit all of our favorite rides. This was also a very slow time of year.

It is a adventure, but not for all.

Va
Level Contributor
10,836 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

What time of year did you do this? That is a pretty agressive schedule.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

I've always wanted to try something like this but can never get anyone to join me. It's something to think about for one of my solo days.

Jennifer

Benidorm, Spain
Destination Expert
for Benidorm
Level Contributor
4,979 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

I hope that you didn't buy a one day park hopper, that is one EXPENSIVE ticket.

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

I think you miss alot of the MAGIC if you attempt to do this. If doing it for just the sake of being able to say " I did It" well, good luck with that I say and please wear your comfest trainers/sneakers :)

Many things have changed in the last 4 years ( MGM is No Longer MGM, it's Disney's Hollywood Studios and with the addtion of Toy Story Mania, American Idol, The Extreme Stunt car Show etc ) it may indeed be a tad harder to get more done in one days time

There are two Guys that did 55 things at 4 Parks recently, here's the blog ( scroll down to 2 Guys, 55 attractions, 11 hours and 38 minutes )

http://blog.touringplans.com

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

In November I met two teenaged girls who had made visiting all 4 parks their fun quest for the day. I believe they were locals with an annual pass. They were standing in line behind us waiting to visit Princess Tiana. It was fun to hear them giggling and planning their adventure.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
26 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

We did this in April on a weekday. This schedule would probably be impossible on a weekend.

Edited: 29 December 2009, 17:56
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

I did not know it was possible to get transport from MK to AK or from AK to (MGM) Disney Hollywood. How did you manage that?

Edited: 29 December 2009, 19:21
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

Buses run between the theme parks. The exception would be the Magic Kingdom. You need to catch a ferry/monorail to the Ticket and Transportation Center where you'll transfer to your bus (or monorail in the case of Epcot) to the next park.

You can walk or catch a boat between Hollywood Studios and Epcot's International Gateway. If you need to use the Epcot front gate there is also a bus.

I think that's right!

Jennifer

Toledo
Level Contributor
151 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: My Experience with a 1 Day Park Hopper

We have done all 4 parks in one day numerous times including spring break last year. We have been going to orlando for the last 15 years and know the parks very well. We always start at the park that opens the earliest, usually AK and end at the one open the latest. I think it would be very difficult to do if you havent been there previously. Our usual schedule for using our hoppers is 2 parks per day for 2 days but every few years we do all 4 in 1 day.