We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

Hi 9 of us(inc 3 kids) are flying to Florida march 6th 2010, and have just noticed that discovery is due to take off on the 18th(fingers crossed)!!!!!

My step dad would be elated to say the least if we could get tickets to see it.........

Q1,Wheres best to buy them from?

Thanks in advance Jules

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

I would buy them direct at

www.kennedyspcaecenter.com/buy-tickets.aspx

Launch day tickets go on sale Jan 6th

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,251 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

there are plenty of places to see it for free just fine.

with that many people and during what i assume is the end of your trip i'm not sure i'd risk wasting the money when they are so often scrubbed. you may be home when they reschedule and you'll be out the $.

pa
Level Contributor
54,189 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

I would buy them direct at

www.kennedyspacecenter.com/buy-tickets.aspx

Launch tickets go on sale Jan 6th

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,208 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

As one of the previous replies states: there are plenty of places you can go free to watch. Even if you got a ticket you are not near to the launch pad. We watched a few miles outside Kennedy and got a really good view - free.

Redcar, United...
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

Thanks for replys......we were going to Kennedy Space Center,so was just going to go later to see it.........but will keep in mind what you all said about seeing it for free....thats if it takes off on time :-))

Pompey
Level Contributor
2,087 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

Unfortunately the Shuttle is about as reliable as the English weather at times. ;-)

Scheduled for a 13:34 launch, with 3 kids might be worth thinking about a day at the beach. I like Cocoa Beach on a launch day, but I think its about 10 miles away, Experts/Locals may know of a better beach option if you want to be closer.

7. Re: Where to buy tickets from to watch space shuttle taking off

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2010, 06:15