We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just another question about the weather at the moment

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
186 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
just another question about the weather at the moment

hi all

i am arriving on 17th jan and have just read that it is freezing in orlando with SNOW, omg, i was planning on it being not too warm but not snow

can someone please provide me with an update in celcius please and a link that is just orlando weather so i can follow it every day now till we leave

many many thanks

Deanne

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just another question about the weather at the moment

Hi Deanne!

I will be arriving on the 14th (providing Edinburgh airport is still functioning;) so keeping an eye on the weather with this:

wunderground.com/cgi-bin/…

We were in Florida same time last year and I think the main thing is layers, gloves, scarves and hats (not forgetting the large rucksack to put everything in once it does warm up) Hoodies are good as they keep the body neck and head warm (get them big enough and your hands and thighs are snug too, lol!)

Enjoy!

M

uk
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just another question about the weather at the moment

looks like you may be lucky this freeze is forcast to end next thursday, so as long as there are no new (un forcast ) surprises you should be OK. Yes it is very cold (returned on wed) same temp at man as in orlando when I left- but much more snow. best long forcast site are accuweather.com 15 days out and weather.com. 10 days out - these show trends but can be a day off on arrival of systems futher out than 6 days or so. But they did foracst these temps over 2 weeks ago! Also use the national weather service orlando florida (type that into google and it will come up) for more local forcasting and adviseries, but this more short range

uk
Level Contributor
1,283 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just another question about the weather at the moment

mairn, this time (not happened to us since 2000/2001 xmas/new year) didn't need a bag to put stuff in for 4 days as hats, jackets gloves, scarfs and extra jumpers were needed all day!!

Central Scotland
Level Contributor
979 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just another question about the weather at the moment

Lol! fragileUk!!!

Me being the optomistic one in the relationship will have the large bag. DH on the other hand, is the pessimistic, glass half empty (usually because he's drunk the other half;) one so he will carry the bag so it gives him something else to complain about! Everyone's happy (in our own special way...;)

M

5. Re: just another question about the weather at the moment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2010, 05:17