We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip planning suggestions/advice please

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
205 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Trip planning suggestions/advice please

We are arriving in Orlando 18/6 and intend on spending 10 days in the area - we will not have a car and will be reliant of available transport. We have two sons who will be aged 15 & 12 and would like to make the most of our time in Orlando. We have previously visited Disneyland & Disney Californian in Aneheim and of course had a ball ! Not sure what Disney parks to do -[ so would appreciate suggestions here. To date we have pretty much decided that we are keen to do both Universals & Seaworld and will arrange a side trip to the Kennedy Space Centre. We don't mind being rushed off our feet because we have a short cruise booked after our time here for a bit of R&R. As yet, also haven't booked accomadation but are looking at a Disney property (preferably with breakfast) - again suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks !

Magic Kingdom Park
Disney Parks & Activities, Theme Parks
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip planning suggestions/advice please

I am sure others will help, but I would do a split stay. Stay on disney property while visiting the Disney parks for the extra perks and bus system. It is great to use with older kids. Then I would move to the Seaworld or Universal area for that part of the trip. We have stayed at a Residence Inn which included breakfast while near Universal. No Disney resorts include breakfast.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,036 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip planning suggestions/advice please

If you choose Disney the first part of your trip, they will bring you to your resort. If you choose it the second part of your trip, they will bring you back to the airport. All free.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,544 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip planning suggestions/advice please

I agree with Macs, about split stay. While at a Disney resort, be sure to add the dining plan. Great restaurants and an excellent value!

There are also Uinversal hotels that offer special entry/fast pass perks. Others will know more about this.

Enjoy your planning!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip planning suggestions/advice please

I agree, split your stay or get a hire car. Getting to KSC is either hard or expensive w/o one as you have to take a Bus Tour with someone like Gatortours.

For Disney, a moderate would be nice- try Port Orleans. For the rest of your trip, I'd suggest the Homewood Suites convention center as it privides breakfast and some evening meals/snacks plus youhave more space with a LR and Kitchen. Close to SW and with shuttles to universal, or you can catch a bus.

ireland
Level Contributor
1,147 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip planning suggestions/advice please

You have a number of choices here. Splitting your holiday by spending a few days onsite at a disney hotel. This offers you perks such as transport direct to the Disney parks and extra magic hours. The downside to this is the breakfasts aren't included in the price so you will have to pay this out of pocket. Depending on what standard of Disney resort you choose the room sizes vary. The All Star resort rooms are quite small. Disney do not offertransport to Universal.

Another choice is choosing a suite such as Homewood on International Drive, this will give you seperate sleeping areas and a kitchen. If you choose carefully a lot of hotels offer transport to all the parks so the only thing you would have to arrange yourselves is Kennedy. Again a lot of hotels offer free breakfast. Homewood certainly does and also provides a good shuttle service.

pa
Level Contributor
54,485 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip planning suggestions/advice please

Disney Resorts have Two very nice Deals right now, I suggest a look at them and book something soon, the sooner it is sorted out, the sooner the Magic Begins

www.wdwinfo.com and www.mousesavers.com both have all the info for the Up to 40% off room Discount and the Up to $750 Free Gift Card Offers

Not sure I agree with a split stay for 10 days. You can easily get to Universal and Seaworld from Disnay Resorts using www.mearstransportation.com and www.golynx.com and adding a Kennedy Space Center Tour can be done with www.gatortours.com

We never rent a car and get along just fine. We quite enjoy Not Driving while on Holiday, more relaxed

I highly recomed visiting all 4 Disney Parks, they all have plenty to keep everyone busy and are different then Disneyland, for sure. You can add the Disney Dining Plan too, that will really help to make it all stressfree. Don't forget to add a day or two at the Disney Waterparks, an evening or two at Downtown Disney and I am sure the Boys would enjoy a visit to Disney Quest. So much to do :)

Happy Planning

7. Re: Trip planning suggestions/advice please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2010, 05:19