We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

Sidcup
Level Contributor
591 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

Hello again!

Guys I am officially an idiot. I've lost my application number so I can't renew my ESTA! I am going not only to Orlando again in September, but in April I will be visiting New York, so will need to sort this pretty quick!

What happens if I apply for a new one? Where can I find my new one?

Arrrrrrrrgh lol

Thank you in advance

Jamie

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
468 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
183 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
Crystal River Manatee Snorkeling and...
126 reviews
from US$112.99*
US$118.99
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
12 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

Hi, I have just updated mine for this year as I had my number but my hubby could not find his, so we just applied again, it worked fine, I would just re-apply.

Not sure if it is the right answer, but it worked no probs,

Sidcup
Level Contributor
591 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

Thank you so much! If it works then that's perfect, thank you. I was really worried lol!

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
1,198 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

Yes, just reapply - absolutely no problem with doing that.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

OH NO, I AM A BIGGER IDIOT. I applied for ours and do not have a number. Can you just reapply even if your details are the same. will it not let you view your application without the number but all the other details and find you in the system. Will you not show as having already applied and be refused. I am having kittens right now someone calm me down!!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

hmmmm, I don't think so as the application number has an asterix by it as a required field and you cannot progress further without it, it is daft I know!

When I updated my details (i had my number) it did not ask me for my address whilst in the US - which it does if you do the full application.

So i have been accepted as staying at the same place as last year - even though I am not - confused? - Yep!

I think as it is a computerised system, it will not know that the info has already been submitted and that it will just treat you as a new applicant and issue another number - I would print it off as it suggest,s as last year we did the online application - but at immigration - they could not find it - we took our numbers to prove we had done it!

Don't panic, I am sure some of the more experienced posters will give you a definative answer!

Sidcup
Level Contributor
591 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

Evie!

I know how you feel I am SO nervous! I'm not going for a while yet I just panic!

Thank you all for your advice!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
542 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

Thanks LoveUSofA, sorry for barging into your post SunshineCocktails, and thanks for bringing it up. EvieCee.

Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

I re-apply everytime I go to the US. Just done one today for a business trip and will do another tomorrow for a family holiday, both going to the same place one month apart . Infact i filled one in a year ago to go to the same place as well. Just like you fill in a green visa waiver form everytime you travel to the US, I just assumed you filled in the ESTA everytime - works for me.

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

You do not apply for ESTA each time you travel. Once you get ESTA it is valid for 2 years or till the expiration of your passport.

It is advised to change your flight and address info, but to do that of course you need the 16 letter/digit code.

If you know you have been approved you can travel without worry. Only if you are not sure, then I would suggest reapplying. Otherwise don't.

Glossy you do realize that the one you are doing tomorrow is replacing the one you did today, right?

And don't confuse update with re-apply. Re-apply means a new ESTA which is not necessary for each visit.

Edited: 11 January 2010, 22:33
Stafford, United...
Level Contributor
2,116 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Help!!! I've lost my ESTA Visa Number!!

For me I will keep applying afresh everytime I travel as it's easier for me to keep track.

Out of interest though, how is the 2 year validity measured , from date of application, from date of approval or from date of renewal?