We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discovery Cove - swim with dolphins etc.

Denmark
Level Contributor
182 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Discovery Cove - swim with dolphins etc.

My daughter, husband and I are going to Discovery Cove and Seaworld in May. Can anyone please tell me how long you are in the water with the dolphins? And how is a day in the park? Do you get a scedule or...?

Any other tips on Discovery Cove are welcome!

Thanks.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,375 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Discovery Cove - swim with dolphins etc.

The in water portion is about a half hour. Your time is assigned when you check in in the morning. Otherwise, the day is yours to enjoy as you please. Arrive early to get the most of it. Also arrive early to get an earlier dolphin time. This isn't too important in May, but it can be later in the summer when storms are common and the afternoon dolphin swims can get postponed or even canceled.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
353 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Discovery Cove - swim with dolphins etc.

You do not receive a schedule. You are just told your dolphin swim time. Which will also be on your ID badge, with the name of the cabana you are supposed to meet at for your swim.

Make sure that you continue to check what time it is so you don't miss your swim time! But the rest of the day is yours to enjoy. Try to get to the ray lagoon when they allow you to feed them.

I had a dolphin swim time of 1:15pm which I thought was great when it all worked out. That left me with the entire morning for breakfast and exploring. Then At about 12:30 I went to grab some quick lunch. And put my things in my locker so I could do to the swim. By the time the swim was finished, and I picked out which pictures I wanted I was ready to head to Sea World.(I did this day alone). But I went to take a quick shower and change and then I watched another group's dolphin swim before I picked up my pictures and jumped on the shuttle to Sea World.

I thought it was really perfect timing I was in Sea World by 3:45pm. It was a great day. You'll love DC. I can't wait to go back and bring everyone I know.

Denmark
Level Contributor
182 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Discovery Cove - swim with dolphins etc.

Thank you both for your answers. You have been a big help! Can't wait to go!

4. Re: Discovery Cove - swim with dolphins etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2010, 05:19