We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

***Caz Essex's Flipping Freezing Florida TR - Part 7***

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Billericay, United...
Level Contributor
3,777 posts
Save Topic
***Caz Essex's Flipping Freezing Florida TR - Part 7***

Monday 4th January 2010.

Today is the day i have been waiting for -Discovery Cove. Frank booked this as a surprise early Christmas Present for me.We arrive at 8am and it is freezing. 5flc very kindly invited me to join their Dolphin experience as i was doing it on my own (Frank had non swim).We meet just after 8 and head over to the booking desk. The temperature today is supposed to be the warmest around 3pm.I think it was supposed to be high 50's.Today in L.A. it is 76degrees....grrrrr!!We get a swim time of 8.50!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!We have out photos taken and are given out ID tags to wear.We have been allocated the Sand Dollar Cabana which is the furthest away. We collect out wet suits.They guess what size you are which saves me the embarassment of me telling them.Phew!!In the changing room i discover how difficult it is to get these buggers on especially if you have false nails like i do. 2 of them pinged off. I think the woman who gave me my suit must need glasses as this suit is not going on. After 15 minutes of wriggling and huffing and puffing i get it on. Sort of!!My crotch is almost around my knees.I try to pull the legs up high but they are not budging. It reminded me of when my Mum used to force me to wear tights when i was younger which i hated because of the saggy crotch. And the neck is choaking me.So i waddled out of the changing room looking like Shamu but waddling like a penguin.lol.These suits are very uncomfortable but there are bigger people than me there and theres fit ok. I wonder if i should go and get a bigger size but it is time for our meet in the Sand Dollar Cabana. Some greedy swine has already hogged the seats around the heating lamp.My suit is so tight i cant even sit down in it. When the lady came in to give the talk everyone sits down so i have to. Because the suit was so tight i am almost horizontaly stiff sitting down.These suits do hold some of my lumps and bumps in but unfortunately have to same affect on my boobs.Dont know if anyone has been the "never fart in a wet suit picture"? Well that is what i look like.We walk to the lagoon and the water is surprisingly warm (70 odd degrees). I people have said before the water is cold but that was obviously because the weather was warmer. But we had the opposite because the weather was so cold the water was nice.I would advice to wear those beach shoe things though as the floor is quite rough and i would of spent my swim oohing and ahhing as im a bit of a wimp.I think the shoes were $14 or something so not too bad considering the ones i have seen in other shops are $10.

Our Dolphin is called Maori and she is 2 years old.Her Mum is called Roxy.Im not sure if we were told they start training them at 2 months or 6 months.I think they call it de-sensitiving them?We stroke them and kiss them as she swims past us. Frank is watching and videoing it for me i turn to look around and he isn't taping?????I ask him what he's doing and he says the tape has run out.I tell him theres a spare one in the bag. I turn and look and he is still standing there. So i give him one of my looks and mouth "go get one" in not a very nice way. I turn around again and he is STILL standing there.You know when you try to give someone a rucking but you dont want anyone else to hear and you are miming at how useless they are and you hate them.lol.So eventually he gets the hint and trotts off to get one. It should only of taken a few minutes to walk there but i think Frank must of decided to take a tour of the park as he only just comes back in time for my swin. If he had not made it back in time all hell would of broke lose. I have come to the conclusion this trip that Frank is absolutely useless at directions and couldnt navigate himself out of anywhere even with a sat nav.I watch the others have their swim and it looks like the Dolphin swims really slow. But when you are doing it it feels really fast.I have my photo taken kissing Maori which is my favourite photo. Our swim lasts half an hour and is worth every penny. We have breakfast which is including in the price.Cold buffett of cake & croissants,,fruit.etc., I have a bowl of apple porridge which did just the trick to warm my insides up.Honestly i just cannot explain how cold it was sitting there dripping wet. I think the temp at this time was about mid 40's.Frank has not bought his swimming trunks and doesnt want to go into the water which doesnt surprise me as even when its 80=90 degrees he will still sit in a water park all day long in his jeans and t-shirt. I dont blame him really he is so white he looks like a jelly fish bless him.So i go into the Tropical River on my own. The water is really warm at 84 but the air is cold so i still shiver.And now i want to go pee pee. It was heard enough getting the suit on let alone getting it off wet and getting it back up again is going to be impossible. So i hold it for as long as i can.I decide not to swim around the river as most of it is in the shade.So i managed to stay in for an hour and then i have to get out. 5flc was an absolute trooper and stayed in there till gone 1 o clock.I managed 10.30 i think.lol.I cannot stad it any longer and go and have a shower. I was in there for half an hour and it was the best shower i have ever had in my life.I used the hair dryer to dry my hair but unfortuantely they do not have hair straightners so i spend the rest of the day looking like Rod Hull. We have a walk around and go to the Aviary.They had some beautiful birds but my favourite was the Reeves Muntjac he was so cute and didnt stop licking my hand. We named him Sid for some strange reason. One little bird took a liking to Frank and wouldnt get off him and actually nestled in and fell asleep on him. Luckily i didnt get pooped on but Frank did a lot lol.We went to have some lunch. I had Chicken Parmesan and out of all that lovely food Frank came back with a Hot Dog!!It was a nice touch they had a steel band playing while we were eating.Now this is my best bit of advice of a money saving tip. If you have booked to go to Discovery Cove on your Holiday go on your first day and stock up on the free crisps and Oreos and fill your locker up with them.And you have snacks for the rest of your trip.lol. We take the free Shuttle back to Seaworld.We did plan on going to the Prime Outlet but i persuade Frank to go and see Shamu one last time.I thought the show started at 5 but it was 5.30.We walked around and looked at the Manatees and Alligators. Frank didnt want to watch the show again so i arranged to meet him by the Christmas Tree at the front gates.This time i got myself a good seat. Still in the splash zone but sat in the very last row where u dont actually get wet.Halfway through the show it came to a standstill as the Whales were not co-operating.There are 7 Whales 4 of which are female. The female ones are the most dominant and 1 of them decide she doesnt want the show to go on and is causing problems out back. They try again and again but the show is then cancelled. So i make my way back to Frank and we get on the I Ride and go to the Prime Outlet.Again there was a huge wait for the Red line north so we jump on the Green line and transfer at no. 7.But a Fun Spot bus is coming so we hop on that.We find a Ed Hardy shop and they have 20% off. Frank finds a nice t-shirt for Danny which only came to $40.04 including tax. Which is a bargain. Turns out Danny has never heard of the make and doesnt like it.But as has happened before when it comes into fashion over here he will want one, so will just keep it safe for him. How can a 41 year old be more hip than a 17 year old?ha ha.Bought some more Nike T-shirts for Danny.I did find that Nike do not have a lot of fleecy tracksuit bottoms to chose from and coudlnt find any with an elasticated ankle.We walked to I Ride no 2 and transfered at no 32 to get a Lynx 50 to DTD. We get off at 32. And have just missed the bus.I dont no what mde me ask but the bus we need is on the other side of the road.Which we was again told that we had just missed one. Then after 20 minutes a bus pulls up on the other side of the road and i see"downtown" on hit so i scream "run" so we run over the road and discover that it is a "donwtown Orlando" bus look back across the road and a DTD bus is coming so we run back over. We must of looked a pair of loonies running back and forth across the road.We got back to the Hotel about 10. I was so cold and tired i didnt even have my cup of Hot Chocolate before i went to sleep.

Tomorrow - Epcot

Caz Essex x

limerick
Level Contributor
361 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: ***Caz Essex's Flipping Freezing Florida TR - Part 7***

hi caz l so love your tr it is brilliant you making me laugh a lot keep them coming

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: ***Caz Essex's Flipping Freezing Florida TR - Part 7***

Loving your reports - so honest and so funny - the crotch on your tights when you were young - did you not wear pants over the top to keep them up to?? Or was that just my Mum being extra cruel!! Loved every report - keep up the good work!! Lou73

winnipeg
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: ***Caz Essex's Flipping Freezing Florida TR - Part 7***

Soo funny I would lovvvveeee to see pics of this interesting wetsuit LOL!!

I also remember those horrible tights that my mom used to make me wear ugh!

14. Re: ***Caz Essex's Flipping Freezing Florida TR - Part 7***

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2010, 07:17