We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Resort Fee" for DVC renters??

New York
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
1 review
Save Topic
"Resort Fee" for DVC renters??

Hi- I've been looking to rent at DVC this summer-some of the ads say that when you check in, Disney is going to charge a "resort fee" of $95 to cover things such as transportation, helping with dining and a few other items-it sounds like the money is going to disney, not the owner, but I've rented twice from owners and never experienced that. Does anyone know about that? It sounds at first that the owner is looking for the additional $95, but you're paying it when you check in. I'm a little confused by it-thanks~~

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Resort Fee" for DVC renters??

Hi

I rent and have never heard of this. Where did the info come from?

New York
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: "Resort Fee" for DVC renters??

I had seen one on Craigs list, the other might have been ebay, or both might have been from Craigslist-it says it covers magical express, dining planning, all the things that Disney does "free". I've rented twice from owners and never had this, but I've definetely seen it appear on ads more than once. It really didn't make sense to me, at first I thought it might be a way for an owner to get an additional $95, but then it says you pay it upon arrival, so I don't know how the owner would benefit from the money. I think I'll just stay clear if the rental ad says that-

pa
Level Contributor
54,088 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Resort Fee" for DVC renters??

I've never heard of this either. I have never heard of any extra Disney "Resort Fees" for anyone. I would stay clear of ebay and craigslist for renting DVC points or anything Disney Related for that matter. Would recomend the disboards, they are trusted owners

New York
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: "Resort Fee" for DVC renters??

thanks! I agree-I'm staying clear of those ads--

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,940 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Resort Fee" for DVC renters??

I believe if a RCI timeshare is staying in a DVC there is a resort fee. I am not sure if this is the amount. My friend is doing this as we speak. I thought she said they had a resort fee.

6. Re: "Resort Fee" for DVC renters??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 07:17