hey everyone. over the years we have had some great advice form this forum so maybe you can give us some words of wisdom today.
my family and I have been to disney about 6 times now. its the only place we can all go and enjoy ourselves. some of us are sun worshippers who will have a few days by the pools, some enjoy the food, and some, like myself can;t sit still long enough for a beah holiday so love all the parks etc. its the perfect place for us and we love it.
unfortunately, this year it all just seems far too expensive and we don't think that we will be able to come.
We were originally a group of8 and 1 child, 2 of our party have already pulled out as they just cna;t afford it, so we are now 6 adults and 1 child. we HAVE to go in the school holidays as one of the party is a teacher. we were looking at august as then we would get the free dining plan.
we were gong to get a 2 bed villa at saratoga springs, between 8 of us, (just not going to mention the child,) this was a good price and included the food, now we are down to 6, the price per night is the same and we would need the same accomodation to accomodate us all, so the price goes up quite a lot.
as my dad is disabled we really have to stay in disney, the car parks etc are just too much for him, plus its just not hte same staying anywhere else,as i said before our party like to do different things bt then meet up.
the main problme we are having is flights. last year you could get indirect flights for just over £400, this year the cheapest we can see is £600. this is an extra £400 per couple, which is a lot ontop of everything else.
more importantly, my sisters son is now 2 so she has to pay for him to fly too, whch we never have before, so for her this year will cost an extra £1000 for the flights alone which she just cna;t afford.
we have looked at packages but they are even more expensive than doing it all seperately. we have all gone away and tried everything and none of us can think of a solution apart from to not go. we couldn;t save up all that extra money, it costs enough as it is.
so i guess what i'm asking is, is that it? dow we just give up??
if we were going to disney on the dining plan we would want to book the nice restaurants which is now 180 days in advance, so its only a couple of weeks away, otherwise the dining plan is a bit uuseless for us, so we really need to make a decision abot wether to book the accomodation and pray that flight comes up in our price range £400-£450pp, if you do book its £50 each to cancel up to 8 weeks before, which wouldn't be a huge loss.
what would you do???