We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Topic
Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

Someone has suggested a nice thing to do is to take the boat ride over to the Wilderness Lodge. I will not be visiting any of the Disney theme parks so will I still be able to take the boat ride? Where do I pick up the boat from outside the parks.

Walking the Boardwalk has also been recommended as something to do without entering a theme park. I'm assuming for that I'd hop a bus from Downtown Disney to one of the hotels in that area - Swan, Dolphin or Beach & Yacht. Anyone know if that's correct.

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

You can catch the Boat to Wilderness Lodge from the Magic Kingdom ( you don't enter the Park, no ticket required ) or from the Contemporary Resort or Fort Wilderness Resort. You can Park at a Resort, no charge, for up to 3 Hours. You can also take a Wilderness Lodge Bus from Downtown Disney and ride the Boat back and forth to the Locations mentioned

You can Park at the Boardwalk, Swan, Dolphin or Y & B Resorts for up to 3 Hours to go explore the Boardwalk Area. You can also take a Resort Bus from Downtown Disney.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,898 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

Can you get a boat to The Boardwalk?

Sorry for hijacking your post lindie_h

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

You can get a Boat to the Boardwalk from Disney's Hollywood Studios ( to the right of the entrance, no ticket required ) OR from Epcot, the back entrance between the Uk and France ( ticket required to enter the Park )

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,898 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

Thanks for the info partypa,we tried to park at the Boardwalk last year but the parking lot was full!!

Will try a boat next time, we have never made it there yet and I really would like to have a look around its always on my "to do" list

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

You can walk over as well from both DHS and the back entrance from Epcot.

The Broadwalk is Lovely for an evening stroll around or to grab a bite to eat, Enjoy :)

Liverpool
Level Contributor
641 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

Thanks partypa. As always your advice is invaluable.

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

Glad I could help :)

8. Re: Boat ride to Wilderness Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2010, 07:18