We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mpls
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

Have not used Hertz for years- had a 20-30 minute wait to get a

car after checking in with my rez. Way too big- inefficient. As an

aside for travelers- do not refill your tank at the station across the

street- gas price not posted and did not notice that it was double

the rates I had seen posted elsewhere.

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

We have found-after paying highly inflated gas prices, I pay for the gas when we rent-when you include it in your initial rental, it's the "going" rate -they charge you for 1 full tank, if the price of gas has gone down, it gets adjusted (this is through Alamo). We then bring it back with little fuel as possible. We did have a problem with Alamo last summer, when they wouldn't honor my reservation because of a promo code..but that's another story!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,664 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

Have queued at the Dollar desk for over 1hr in the past

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
2,667 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

After a night in the airport hotel at MCO after arriving from the UK, we collect around 7am, no queue, no hassle, no fuss. This was in the Dollar line, all other rental queues were empty too.

Philadelphia, PA
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

we have a res. for hertz at MCO in a couple weeks. is it a big hassle to take the shuttle over there vs. one of the companies in terminal?

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,788 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

No the Hertz shuttles are quite frequent. Last time we rented from Hertz, (which was in Orlando, btw) , we bought a full tank when we picked the car up and returned the car mostly empty. Price was fair and it was hassle-free when returning car.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,664 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

There are plenty of hertz shuttle buses, takes about 10 mins to the Hertz rental site.

Our friends have just returned after renting a Hertz car with no problems at all, no queues at desk and car in good condition.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

From my past experIences wth car rental companies I think they're all pretty much the same and you just can't tell what they're going to be like on the day. Sometimes you get an efficient service, sometimes it's terrible. We've had both positive and negative experiences with Alamo, Dollar and Budget. Sometimes you walk straight up to the desk, other times you're standing in a queue for over an hour (2 and a half hours was our longest with Dollar at LAX) so 20 - 30mins aint that bad! It's luck of the draw on the day.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,664 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

I notice the OP is American, anything over 10 mins is a long time for them to queue, Americans just aren't used to queuing unlike us from the UK who could do queuing as an Olympic sport lol

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,384 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

Susieb,

You have a point there!

Oregon Coast
Destination Expert
for Crescent City, Oregon Coast, Oregon, Redwood National Park
Level Contributor
42,788 posts
1,036 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hertz Orlando Airport- not a good experience

As an American . . .

I won't argue with your statement, susieb ;-)

This thread is a good example of why TA doesn't accept reviews about car rental companies. There may be 99 happy people who don't bother to write in and talk about their good experience, but that 1 person who has to wait a bit most assuredly will write in and complain about it!

Our Orlando Hertz rental was *really great*, because we rented off site (saved $600!) , yet they let us return the car to the airport, no extra charge :-) There - there's a "happy person" report, LOL!