We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multiple entry visa - ANY IDEAS????

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
13 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Multiple entry visa - ANY IDEAS????

Hi everyone,

Am flying Dublin to Orlando, staying for three days and then heading to Tampa for a cruise around the Caribbean.

Just read online somewhere about a multiple entry visa-any ideas what this is? Will have my visa waiver form done what else do i need? Dont want to get there and get turned away from ship!!!!PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Multiple entry visa - ANY IDEAS????

Read info below, you will need to request ESTA, the Visa Waiver form is done on the plane and cannot be done beforehand.

If I enter the United States visa free under the Visa Waiver Program, can I then travel to Canada/Mexico/ Bermuda or the islands in the Caribbean?

Yes, provided you have a return or onward ticket. If your return journey will take you back through the United States, even if only in transit, the total trip, including both periods of time spent in the United States/Canada/Mexico Bermuda, or the islands in the Caribbean cannot exceed 90 days. If it does, you will require a visa.

What if I want to stay in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean?

If your ticket terminates in Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean, you must be a legal resident of the area in order to qualify for visa free travel. If you are not and your stay will extend beyond 90 days from the date on which you first entered the United States, you will require a visa. Legal Permanent residents include diplomats, students or temporary workers at companies located in these areas.

Do I have to enter and leave the United States by a participating carrier?

No. You are only required to enter the United States by a participating carrier. Your onward or return journey may be by any mode of transport, provided you hold a return or onward ticket.

If I am transiting through the United States to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands in the Caribbean under the Visa Waiver Program, does the 90 day period begin on my initial entry into the United States, even though I am there for only a couple of hours?

The regulations are the same as if you entered the United States for a holiday. If you will transit the United States to Mexico, Canada, Bermuda or the islands of the Caribbean the total trip, including both periods of time spent in the United States, Canada/Mexico, Bermuda, or the Caribbean islands cannot exceed 90 days. If it does, you will require a visa, unless you are a legal permanent resident of the country.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,467 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Multiple entry visa - ANY IDEAS????

We did something similar to this in 1996. Your ship ID is al you need to embark from shore excusions. You should pre-register your details with cruise line prior to embarkation as it saves a lot of time. You can usually do this on their website.

Once your visa waiver (and ESTA) are done there is nothing else to worry about.

Regards,

Deaconblue

PS: We did the Western Carribean: Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Belize. Throughly enjoyed it!

3. Re: Multiple entry visa - ANY IDEAS????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 08:16