We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I need advice!!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
I need advice!!

I am taking my 2 kids to US this july and have found some grat deals on Destiny Palms Hotel, Baymont Inn and Suites Celebration and Royal Parc Hotel.. I have read some interesting reveiws on all 3 but I was hoping for more direct advice. I want a place that is nice, safe and budget minded. Prefer a free breakfast and free shuttle to the park seeing as we are flying.

texas
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I need advice!!

Crazymomma, I can tell you are having a hard time with this, as you keep asking about all sorts of hotels and dates.Relax!!!!!You are going to stress yourself out so badly that you are taking the fun out of planning.

Universal will be busy this whole summer. Harry Potter opens, and thats that. If you are concerned about fligts changing price, go Southwest and then you could change them if you see a better price at no charge.Since you are not driving,pick a hotel thats closer to US with a shuttle so that you could take it, or a short taxi at night if y ou want to stay all evening until the very end.

Just take a deep breath and make this fun for yourself. It can be.

Oh and do a hotel, not with expedia, but directly with hotel. That way if you change dates for better rate, then you can get money back

texas
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I need advice!!

One more thing. Can you fly Sourthwest? if so have you put the Ding thing on your computer? If not do that. Then if something pops up, you can book it cheaply.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,080 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I need advice!!

Unfortunately some of the hotels listed are not near Universal Studios, and since you do not have a car, travelling from Kissimmee would be a distance.

Have a look at the Comfort Suites Universal, Best Western Universal, Intown Suites or the Hampton Inn closest to Universal Studios.

You will be across the street from US and all the hotels provide transportation and in most cases some sort of breakfast option.

texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: I need advice!!

You are so right ndw1964. I am stressing so bad; I'm afraid I'll miss the best thatI am almost tired of looking. I can fly Southwest and would prefer to fly them but I can't find a hotel that has good reviews that fits into my budget. I'm trying to do the whole trip on $3,000.00 including spending money. (under 2,000 for the hotel and flight; and 1,000 for spending money)

I do have Ding on my computer. I will look at the hotels listed by the other post. Thanks for the advice.

texas
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I need advice!!

I had recommended Country inn and suites, and stayed there in July while trying to see a shuttle launch. We went back 2 weeks ago for the shuttle launch again and because we got in early and the hotel in Cocoa had no rooms until the next night, we again stopped at Ci &S, by Universal. They were as great as they were last july, and I plan to go back in July for the next shuttle launch, and told my teens we will go to Universal again for a few days, and I will stay at C i & S, for a third time. I really like them. Now I never used the shuttle to Universal , as I drove, but lots of guests were using it and never heard anyone complain. I was listening as I was eating breakfast and several were getting ready to get on the shuttle.Its also 2 miles away from US, so if you stay late, I can only imagine a taxi back would not be terrible. I also get this for usually 50-70 a night, which leaves me lots more in spending money.

Also I do not know where you fly out of, but i am smack 2 hours from Houston, Corpus, San Antonio, and Austin, and I have found that Austin usually has cheaper rates, plus I would rather do that airport anyway. So good luck and just remember the most important thing. You are taking the Kids to US by yourself, as I did. That they will remember, not what kind of hotel you stayed at.

texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I need advice!!

Thank you so much for the advice. We will be flying out of Dallas and I am having trouble with southwest website. thanks again for all the advice!! When is the shuttle launch?

texas
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I need advice!!

scheduled as of now for July 29th, 7 am. It was really great. I have my TR on that I put up a few days ago if you want to read about the trip, its in the Orlando forum.

Out of Dallas would AA not be cheaper? That is how I flew my daughter to VA over the summer. From Austin she went AA to Dallas, then Va. It was so much cheaper then anything we could find, and I had been looking a lot.

texas
Level Contributor
2,455 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: I need advice!!

OK, just for fun I put some dates in to see prices. I just put in July 18-24. DFW to Orlando.AA had the cheapest at RT 217. SW had different prices, but they ranged around 300 and more each.Do you think that is bad? I actually think thats pretty cheap.

So one more thing. When you get around to booking, look at websites on weekday night . Prices fluctuate daily, and when I was booking my daughter, I got a flight for 199 when I bought it at night, as compared to that next afternoon the website was selling the same ticket for 300. I have a theory that they have it higher in the day because of business people who are going to book, no matter the price. Also remember that flying certain days are cheaper, Tues, Wed, and Sat, I think.

Texas
Level Contributor
966 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I need advice!!

Yes, out of Dallas AA will be cheaper and nonstop with good flight times. Maybe too early to book for July though. Are you an entertainment book member? If so there is a coupon in there for American. We paid around 185.00 for our tickets. Also, you may want to look at some sort of self catering hotel (kitchen). Or even a condo through VRBO.com you would be surprised how reasonable you can rent a unit for. Weigh the cost of cooking in your room and renting a car (entertainment discount for that as well) verses going with a hotel based solely on if they provide a shuttle service.

texas
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: I need advice!!

I'll check AA, but I heard they are not good to fly with. Thanks for the advice. I'm not going to stress about it anymore!! HHHHAAAA-HHHAAA