We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestion for Lunch - Not In Disney Parks, but at Disney

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,435 posts
149 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestion for Lunch - Not In Disney Parks, but at Disney

Our flight arrives at 11 a.m. and we will head toward the Animal Kingdom Lodge for our stay. We'd like to stop and have lunch before check in. I thought it might be fun to visit another Disney property and have lunch at someplace other than the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Any thoughts about places with good food, good atmosphere, easy parking?

pa
Level Contributor
53,725 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestion for Lunch - Not In Disney Parks, but at Disney

Just a Note

You can check in at the AKL anytime, you don't have to wait til checkin time

I would check in and then have a look at the Mara ( AKL Food Court )

OR

Head to Downtown Disney and grab a Bite at Earl of Sandwich or Wolfgang Puck Express :)

You could explore any Resort. If you want a Table Service Meal

Check the Resort Restaurants that are open for Lunch

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/disneydining.cfm

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestion for Lunch - Not In Disney Parks, but at Disney

I think most of the resorts would have easy parking. How about Wilderness Lodge? They have an interesting restaurant - Whispering Canyon Cafe. You would need an ADR (advanced dining reservation) as they are quite busy, but it looked like a great place when I went by in January.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestion for Lunch - Not In Disney Parks, but at Disney

You can check in and drop your abgs and the world is your oyster.

I Would go to (esp if you have a car) DTD as mentionned, or the boardwalk. A restaurant there would give you entertainment and shopping with your meal. Another resort is a good idea, Kona Cafe a the poly would be good for lunch.

If I wasn't going to a park that day and arriving at that time, I might have lunch and a swim in my resort and resort pool.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestion for Lunch - Not In Disney Parks, but at Disney

Second Whispering Canyon (especially if u have kids)....also agree that the Boardwalk would be a great place to eat and then wander....u could walk over and check out the Beach/Yacht Club as well.....

Cheers,

M

Level Contributor
1,435 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestion for Lunch - Not In Disney Parks, but at Disney

Thanks for these ideas. We've actually been to Whispering Canyon, back about 5 years ago. We were staying somewhere else (not Disney) and wanted an "experience" - that's where we went! We don't have kids but we absolutely loved it!

6. Re: Suggestion for Lunch - Not In Disney Parks, but at Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2010, 05:20