We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is fantasmic dinner package

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
newcastle
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
is fantasmic dinner package

hi i've just spent 20mins on the phone to WDW to book fantasmic package only to find only 1night left on my whole holiday for the fantasmic package and that is to brown derby at 3.40, which seems early for dinner. The guy then proceeded to tell me i didn't need the package and would still have to go 1hr prior to the show to getting seating. I haven't booked yet, does anyone know if it will be problem getting seated for the last two weeks in may. my kids are only 5 and 2 so don't really want to go hours early.

New York
Level Contributor
382 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

The last two weeks of May can be pretty busy - a lot of kids in the Southern US are out of school by then, and then Memorial Day holiday is right around the corner. I haven't seen the Fantasmic show in awhile, but I do remember the general population lining up way before the show even started (I think we got there an hour and half before it was supposed to start). Did you ask the cast member what he recommended, as you have young children with you? If you are specific with them, they will do their best to help you out..

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

We are going three weeks in june and couldnt get it at all,and we wanted brown derby.but dont think i would have liked that time for dinner

pa
Level Contributor
53,817 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

JMHO, Fantasmic is OK but not worth waiting an hour in line for

Just a caution, our 4 year old princess did not enjoy the Show. Very Dark, can be Scary and very loud, she sat the whole time with her hands over her ears and her eyes shut. May not be the best activity with a 2 year old.

Brown Derby is Lovely but it is rather a bit of $, would save that for when the kids are a tad older and might enjoy it more

Sussex
Level Contributor
953 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

The Queue for Fantasmic can be absolutely insane! We are planning to get the dining package like yourself but didnt realise you still had to wait an hour in line! Never the less preferential seating would be good-- last time we were sat to the side and it was hard to appriciate everything thats going on from that angle.

Fantasmic is my mums absolute favourite show. We took a 3 year old and a 1 year old last year- 3 year old was fine after first few bangs! No tears or anything- completely mesmerised by the storyline.

If you are prepared to queue early to get good seats, or are happy to take the risk of going late and getting bad seats then you should be fine..

On the upside they do have a huge crowd mexican wave which goes on for atleast 20 mins to keep people occupied...! Also rememebr to take jackets! We've been in April and people were buying towels from the stands to keep warm

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,426 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

I can't speak to the lines but will second what Partypa said about the actual show.....yes, each child is different but when we took our then 6 year old niece (the oldest who is now 13) to the show, she FREAKED out.....we had to leave early and every time we return, I ask if she wants to see it and the answer is still no.....I guess it scared her that much that even now, it is a no go. On the other hand, her younger sister saw it at 5...wasn't freaked out and wants to see it again. You know your children so decide...perhaps watch a few youtube videos to get a feel for the show.

M

newcastle
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

can't believe the problems with booking for may, really should have booked earlier. haven't been able to get cafe mickey at all which i wanted for the kids. just general restaurants seem busy but i'm assuming you will still be able to walk into some of them or i'll have to map out my whole iterinerary tomorrow and book all my restaurants which i don't really want to do.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

The last time we went to the HS,we did the package and only had to get into the special line 30 minutes in advance.We like the Brown Derby the best of the restaurants and consider the ADR times to be a late lunch and not dinner-on that day we will have a late breakfast,the late lunch at the Brown Derby,see Fantasmic and then have a sundae at Ghiradellis for dinner. WE think it's worth it todo the package,even though it is not terribly convenient. If we don't/can't do the package,we go in at the very end of the line and do standing room which is great but I wouldn't do it with little kids.

newcastle upon tyne...
Level Contributor
1,682 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

hi Joe

do you mean chef Micky which is a character breakfast what dates did you have in mind do you have a particular time

Sussex
Level Contributor
953 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

After talking to mum (cazkatjoe) i cannot believe they hav cut fantasmic down from 2 shows every night to 2 shows a week!! Baring this in mind i would DEFINATELY get the dining package. Apparently we queued 2 hours early last time, and as i said didnt get great seats. I was clearly having such a good time i didnt even realise how long we waited in line! :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
948 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: is fantasmic dinner package

I was offered the same package at brown Derby for around the same time. It actually suited us perfect as we had a big breakfast and we were very full after our yummy meal so we just brought a few snack with us to watch fantasmic.. The Brown Derby is very very very nice!!!