We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Transportation

Warwick
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Transportation

I purchased a world 5 day hopper ticket in 2000, this has 1 day left plus 2 water park/pleasure island visits left.

On previous visits (2) we only used ticket for a full day at AK & MK as we are taking our grandaughter we would like to visit both in 1 day AK am MK pm.

As the ticket covers Disney transportation is there transport between both parks? or if i buy parking ticket at one park, can you use it at 2nd park?

Thanks in advance.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,209 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Transportation

yes, if you pay to park you can switch between parks w/o paying again.

The buses don't go from park to park. They go from parks to resorts mainly (unless you can get one to the TTC?). So if you want to go to MK, you can catch a bus to any of the hotels that are on the monorail then take that to the MK.

Pleasure island is no more, but I suppose these if non expiry will get you into Disney Quest.

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Transportation

You can definitely use your parking ticket, if you drive to another park on the same day.

I think?? there are buses that shuttle between one park and another, but not sure. You can definitely travel to a resort by bus, then on to another park though.

Warwick
Level Contributor
412 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Transportation

Thanks both, i will just use the car now i know i can use the same ticket.

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Transportation

Amanx WAS right... There wasn´t a bus going from park to park but that changed a few years ago!

There ARE busses that go from park to park and disney transportation is free for public...

A great way to get around BUT it CAN take a while...

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Transportation

Hi,

how often are the buses that go from park to park??

Do they cover all routes??

I've only used the park to resort route in the past.

Thanks

essen, germany
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Anna Maria Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
3,991 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Transportation

They go appr. every 20 minutes... But sometimes it is even more... Worst was 45 min when I was going from MGM to AK once...

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,209 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Transportation

Thanks Floridianer!

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
21,536 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Transportation

There are buses from park to park but only sometimes andthey tend to be about 30 minutes apart. We took a bus from HS to Epcot (usually you have to takethe boat which is very slow) and there was quite a mobwaiting by the time it showed up. But its easier to just drive-one parking fee covers the whole day

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Transportation

I went to all four parks in one day in January and used the buses between them. It was a very slow day (cool, rainy and well after the departure of the Christmas holiday crowds) and I never waited more than a few minutes for a bus. I could have just gotten lucky but it was super fast and easy.

Are you staying with Disney? If you're not and were planning on leaving your car in the AK lot for the evening there's a big chance that the transportation to AK will have stopped running by the time you're finished in the MK.

OTOH, if you are at a Disney resort I'd probably go with their transportation. You're going to have to take two different types of transport (ferry/monorail and then a shuttle) to get back to your car at the end of the evening. If you're planning on staying for closing this can be VERY time consuming at a time when everyone is tired at the end of a long day in the parks. I'm not usually a huge fan of the buses but this is a case where I'd probably use Disney transportation.

Jennifer

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,355 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Transportation

There are only a very few things in this life that I'm an expert at, but I dare say that Disney Transport is one of them. Below, I list how to get from Disney theme park to Disney theme park. I'm listing each route only once. So, in other words, if I list Magic Kingdom to Animal Kingdom, I will not also list Animal Kingdom to Magic Kingdom ... I can only type so much! :-)

MAGIC KINGDOM to:

EPCOT - ferry or monorail to Transportation & Ticket Center, then monorail to Epcot (it is not one continuous monorail ride from MK to Epcot ... you must get off the monorail at TTC and then change to another train to go to Epcot, and vice versa).

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS - ferry or monorail to TTC, then direct bus to DHS

ANIMAL KINGDOM - ferry or monorail to TTC, then direct bus to AK.

ALTERNATE ROUTE TO DHS and AK: Walk to Contemporary Resort, and then take a bus from there to one of those other parks.

EPCOT TO:

DHS - direct bus OR FriendShip boat OR walk

AK - direct bus

DISNEY'S HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS TO:

AK - direct bus

I hope I hit all of the possible combinations. The bottom line is that there is absolutely no need to use a resort as a transportation transfer hub when going from one Disney theme park to another.

EXTRA CREDIT: There is no Disney Transport service between Downtown Disney and any of the theme parks or the TTC; DTD can be reached via Disney Transport ONLY from the Disney resorts.