We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Airways - Opinions Please!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Letterkenny...
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
US Airways - Opinions Please!

I am flying with US airways from Dublin to Philidelphia and then on to MCO - this is with American Holidays - Has anyone flown with US airways before - opinions please!

Trish

;o)

Manchester
Level Contributor
3,096 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

They cant be bad as one of my friends at work flies with us airways to go to Florida. She doesn't even mind that its not direct from Manchester and has to change at philiadelphia.She just has a 15 day holiday to make up for the extra time travelling. Apparently she saves a lot of money doing this!

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

Trish

that's what we're doing, travelling Glasgow to Heathrow, then on to Phili, then down to Orlando with US Airways, saved a fortune, and staying 15 nights to compensate for the travelling time.

The inflight movies look great, infact the one with Sandra Bullock doesn't get released here until the 26th March.

But I was disappointed to read no entertainment on the flight from Phili to Orlando..... and no snack!!

However we booked mid August so have secured 46kg each of luggage allowance..so that's a bonus

Make sure your travel agent reserves your seats for you on the planes, there's no charge for this.

Audrey

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

We flew with them last year gatwick-charlotte-orlando they are fine. All airlines to me are just a means to an end. My husband is 6ft 4in and he found the leg room ok. The food is as other airlines "discusting" and the flight boring. The crew we had we really good, The advantage of flying indirect, apart from the cost, is that when you arrive at Orlando you are straight through in minutes. We have flown into Phili before and from what I can recall immigration there is pretty fast.

Letterkenny...
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

Thanks everyone - was just a bit worried but as I normally fly with virgin but saved £1500 by going this route with American Holidays - worth every penny I think as this will pay for the theme park tickets!

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

Just to be controversial I found US to be better than Virgin!

Letterkenny...
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

OOh fab - what about drinks - are they free or do you have to pay??

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,303 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

USAirways international is great. It is when you get to Philly and change to a domestic flight that you may have problems. First of all- Philly is a horrible airport. Make sure to pack NOTHING of value in your checked luggage or you won't have it when you get to Orlando. I quit flying USAirways a long time ago as I don't like the service they provide, they are usually more expensive and their schedules are not the best.

Again, you will be happy with their international flight but if you can change to another carrier for the domestic part I would do it.

Donna

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

""Make sure to pack NOTHING of value in your checked luggage or you won't have it when you get to Orlando.""

Donna

what do you actually mean by this??

I would presume Trish, like myself has already bought and paid for her flights. I know I would incurr costs to book an additional flight, and with thirteen days to go would find it an expense I haven't budgeted for.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
32,303 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

I mean that Philly is notorious for having the luggage handlers go through your bags and take anything of value. They are arrested all the time but the problem still exists. They even take expensive jackets and other clothing.

I understand that the flights are booked but it wouldn't hurt to see if they can be changed to a different airline or a differnet city. If not, just be careful what you pack.

Donna

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: US Airways - Opinions Please!

I would be looking at over £2000 for three new flights so I guess I'll invest in lockable luggage straps and secure cases.

.....and hope for the best.....