We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two weeks to go - very excited (extra magic hours)

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
64 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Two weeks to go - very excited (extra magic hours)

Whey hey! This time in two weeks, our plane will be final boarding!!!! We're so excited and the weather looks like it's getting better every day.

Despite having been twice before, one thing that I've never been able to get my head around is "Extra Magic Hours" (we are staying in a Disney Hotel). Can anybody tell me how this works please? Do you just use your hotel key card to gain early entry? How does this work after the parks have closed? I know to go on the website to check which parks are offering this and when, we just have never taken advantage. Can anybody offer any advise please?

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two weeks to go - very excited (extra magic hours)

I am so excited for you I still have 189 days! lol Have a fantastic holiday.

I am sure one of our many Disney experts will be able to give you brilliant advise on EMH

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two weeks to go - very excited (extra magic hours)

In the old days you use to get a wrist band, I believe now they are trying to cut waste I think they randomly ask people after closing to present there key to the world card (your room card), if you don't have one you are asked politely to leave.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,037 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Two weeks to go - very excited (extra magic hours)

Unless things have changed:

In the mornings you need to show your room card to enter the park. You can put it away after that.

In the evenings you'll need to show it for each ride/attraction as you enter the line.

Jennifer

pa
Level Contributor
54,315 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two weeks to go - very excited (extra magic hours)

I don't think things have changed in a few weeks so what Jennifer is saying, is how it works

Just have your "Key to the World" Card handy when you enter in the Morning ( that's the only way to get into the Park ) and show it to the Cast Members when you enter a ride during the Night EMH ( that's how you get to ride ) They no longer use the wristbands for Extra Magic Hours. They only use the Wristbands for Special Events like the Christmas & Halloween Party

Have Fun

5. Re: Two weeks to go - very excited (extra magic hours)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2010, 06:19