We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Glasgow
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

We are planning to stay in a disney resort without a car - thinking possibly the Wilderness Lodge. For the most part, we'll be able to use the disney transport but there may be occasions due to personal circumstances when it might be good to have a fall back option. If required, are taxis available from the resort gates and what might you expect to pay for a trip back to the resort?

We had been thinking of staying in the Boardwalk area but the resort hotels there are working out much more expensive.

Thanks for your assistance.

Pinnochio

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Wilderness Lodge is Wonderful. If you Needed a Taxi, there are always Taxis available at the Resorts and at the Parks :)

Toronto
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

I was just going to ask a similar question.

I am getting nervous about relying only on disney transport....although I hear good things about it. I have dinner reservations at Disney resorts and we are staying at Pop Century. Taxi's may be best option for Resort to Resort transport. What do you think? We are still toying with the idea of renting a car but I am not completely sold on the need for this in Disney.

I have been reading a lot on the forum and have learned so much and feel confident about our late April trip. Partypa...you have been awesome.....thanks so much for all your responses to folks.....people like me are benefiting from this forum although I am not asking a lot of questions..

Thanks again.

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Hey pleasemom, I am happy to help. I do stay at Disney Resorts several times a year, never rent a car and have learned my way around using Disney Transportation. Resort to Resort is always a concern but as long as you know what Parks are near which Resorts you should have no problem getting to where you want to go. Downtown Disney can always be used as a transfer station as well, Bus service runs til 2 am. I like to direct folks to the Property Maps so they have an idea before they get to the "World" . It is 47 square miles of Fun when you know how it all works :)

www.wdwinfo.com/maps/index.htm

London, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Hey TA! I had a question that I was going to start a post to get answered but I might as well ask here:

I am staying just off of Disney at the Clarion Maingate on Irlo Bronson (got a wicked deal). I am going for 7 days and doing Disney 6 days. The hotel has the a shuttle so I'll use that most of the time. Not going to rent a car.

My question is though; if me and my girlfriend wanted to go to Downtown Disney (where there is no shuttle for the Clarion) or wanted to stay at Disney past the last shuttle (which is 10:15), would we be able to take one of the shuttles to a close by Disney hotel? Like are we allowed to use the shuttles going to one of the hotesl from Disney World or Downtown Disney? I figure I could catch a cab from Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge (only 1 1/2 miles from the Clarion) or another nearby hotel and that would be really cheap. Or would I be better off just taking a taxi straight from DD or the parks? We love to just site see and check out other hotels so if we're allowed that option is best. This is assuming the bus systems don't run that way or that late.

Thanks!

Edited: 24 March 2010, 02:21
Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,367 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

In most circumstances, resort to resort transportation via Disney Transport can be a long process. It could easily take 1 hour to accomplish what a taxi could accomplish in 10 minutes. The reason is that since you need to transfer somewhere, you will be waiting for 2 modes of transportation, such as two buses, and waiting time takes time.

Then again, Disney Transport is free and taxi fares can really add up after a few days.

Generally speaking, a resort that has NON-bus transportation to a park will be much easier to get to and from. For example, if you have a reservation at 'Ohana in Disney's Polynesian Resort, you can take the bus from Pop to Magic Kingdom, and then boat or monorail from MK to Poly. OR, you can plan to spend time at MK, then go across to Poly for your meal, and then reverse the above transportation route to get back home.

the BoardWalk area resorts are good for that because of their proximity to both Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Ah thanks for the quick reply. I will probably end up taking a taxi then. This is my 4th time at Disney but 1st time staying off the property so I'm trying to plan the whole thing ahead of time for the most part and adapt based on how much fun/expensive everything is.

Toronto
Level Contributor
697 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Thanks CleveRocks and Partypa - very helpful responses

pa
Level Contributor
54,413 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Aroc23, anyone can use the Disney Transport. You can take a Bus from any Park to the AKL ( or any Resort ) and have a look around, have Dinner or just a Drink and then get a Taxi back to the Clarion, not a problem :)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
80 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Thanks partypa! I just realized that the other post probably wasn't directed at me! That is very good news. I would love to check out the resorts to choose where I will stay next and grab a diner somewhere.

Edited: 24 March 2010, 04:22
Glasgow
Level Contributor
303 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxi Transport from Disney Parks to resort

Thanks one and all for your replies. We had previously stayed at the Swan which was great in terms of access to both Epcot and Disney Studios. Wilderness Lodge seems a bit more out of the way and it is nice to know that should the need arise taxis could be easily obtained from the parks back to the resort. Does anyone have any idea what the likely cost would be say from Epcot? I know Animal Kingdom is further out so would be the most expensive to travel from.

Thanks again!