We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

Just when I was thinking, we wouldn't do the dining plan, I'm making reservations, and wondering if it would be worth it (after looking at prices) My question is, can you order anything off the menu when your on the DDP? I'm looking at Dinner at LeCellier Steakhouse, and a few others, after seeing the prices we're now considering it-

thanks!

New York
Level Contributor
5,520 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

If you are doing the regular dining plan, it does not include appetizers. It will include entree and dessert. You will also have to pay for any alcoholic beverage but it will include soft drinks.

If I am not mistaken, the deluxe dining plan includes appetizers. You can add on a wine option with your dining plan if you wish. But it will only include wine and no other alcoholic beverage.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

Yes, with the regular plan you can order any entree listed on the menu and any dessert. With the deluxe plan, you can also order any starter. Some one point restaurants, also have a 3 course prix fix, available on the regular dining plan. (Les Chef, Le Cellier, etc)

We have always saved money, using the plan!

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

Thanks! I knew about the appetizer not being included, but I wasn't sure about being able to order any enteree. My husband likes steak, and obviousely this is a higher cost on the menu. If I'm checking in on a Friday, and checking out the following Friday, is it 8 days I would be charged for, or 7, (because of 7 night reservation)

Thanks so much!

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

You will be charged for a 7 day dining plan. You can use points on your first day and up until midnight, of your check-out date. (or until all points are used-which ever comes first)

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

thanks so much!! Do you happen to know, I rented the Boardwalk through a DVC member-do they have to add it on for me. I have the reservation # and can see my reservation on line, but couldn't find a spot to add the dining plan to it?

Chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

I am also renting through a DVC member. When we were on the phone making the reservations with Disney, they told the owner that I couldn't contact them, he would have to. I think this applied to adding the dining plan as well. Yours may be different because I am not able to see my reservation online and you can. Did you have to do anything special with your confirmation number?

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

No, I found the website mydisneyreservations.com/dvc. When it opens up, it will ask for your confirmation number, name, resort, and date of check in. Then you're confirmation will come up-the only thing it looks like you can add on that sight, is if you want to add a "celbration" such a birthday etc.

Chicago
Level Contributor
104 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

Thank you!

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,996 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

Aren't you going in August? If so you're well inside your 180 day mark for making reservations. Le Cellier is extremely popular-probably the most difficult ADR in all Disney World. if you don't already have a reservation you should try to get one as soon as you can!

If you can't get an ADR for Le Cellier, hubby had a pretty darn tasty steak at Kona Cafe in the Polynesian Resort.

We've rented points several times and I've always had my owner add the DDP for us. We paid on check-in.

Happy Planning!

Jennifer

Edited: 28 March 2010, 23:26
Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,276 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Yet, another Disney dining plan question!

No one can add the dining plan, on-line, to an existing reservation; DVC or otherwise. Your owner will need to call Disney to add the plan. It must be added a minimum of 5 days prior to your arrival.

Enjoy! and start making those ADRs!