We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

My trip I moved up to May from August is now being put back to August. Way too much going on this spring to fit the trip in the middle of it all. Graduation, prom, sports, birthdays, etc. I really want to escape for a while because of all of this but have realized it is next to impossible.

So now on to August. We can go with the second week of August with the room only discount or change to the 3rd week of August for free dining (if offered again). The free dining if the regular dining plan will be a huge savings compared to the room only discount, if the counter service plan is the offer then we would have to upgrade and it will probably be about the same as the room only offer.

That being said. Which week would be better for crowds? The last week of the promotions that have been running or the first week of free dining.

I know it will be hot, hot, hot, which is why we will spend most afternoons at the waterparks or pool. We will also start most nights with a early dinner to enjoy our evenings in the park once the sun is going down.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,927 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

It would be much better in October!!!

Chickamauga, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
39,082 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

Hi Macs!!

So very sorry you're having to delay your trips; real bummer!!

Given the choice, I'd go with the 3rd week and try for free dining if it happens. Either way, I think crowds will still be smaller during the 3rd week since many schools start back about that time in the South.

We're hoping for some sort of free dining into September as well, as I'm trying to put together a trip for week after Labor Day.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

Hi Macs, sorry youve had to delay your trip, i know you were looking forward to it :-(

I too would go for the 3rd week in Aug because of lower crowds and if you get free dining as well then your laughing, last years free dining was great eh? Hope you get a good deal :-)

FL
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

3rd week should be less crowded than the 2nd. 4th week would be even better. either way, be prepared for some steaming heat and humidity.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

That is good news. My thinking was if I wait for free dining, it might be busier because so many wait for free dining to go to Disney.

I hate changing it but I am actually changing it back to the original plan.

No chance of October, not only will I have 2 kids in college that would not be able to go, it is soccer season for the high school (one playing there), travel soccer for the 10 year old (which Dad and oldest daughter coach that team), my son will be in his first year of Pop Warner football......and I have decided to go back to school and will be a full time college student myself.

The free dining would be great, kicking myself for not booking the bounceback offer when on my girls only trip last year. The only bad part about free dining is we would be giving up our few nights in a deluxe. It would be crazy to do a split stay and loose free dining every night.

UK
Level Contributor
159 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

I'm sorry youre not going in May, Macs. I was hoping to spot you and your crew on the DTD boat from the POR.

I have friends who go towards the end of August and they say that the crowds are smaller then.

ontario
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

Just to make you feel better, we had a trip booked for over christmas and had to change it to the summer. We have travelled to disney in both May and August and I thought the crowds were better in August, The only thing is you have to be prepared for lots of rain! It can be sunny one minutes and raining cats and dogs the next!

I too am hoping that we can book August free dining. We are from Canada and so our school starts later. We also have 2 teenagers so I think we save more with the free meal plan.

ontario
Level Contributor
211 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

I just looked at the uk site and so if the us site follows the same I don't think they are offering the free dining for value resorts. Only quick for moderate and reg for deluxe.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,935 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

That is what I am afraid of, the moderates only having the quick service. If so the room only discount might work out better the second week of August.

I will have to crunch the numbers and see what the upgrade from quick service to regular dining plan will cost.

North Scituate...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: May is a no go..picking between 2nd week or 3rd week of Aug.

Hey Kat,

Why not try for the 2nd week in October!