We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Universal, Celebration and Downtown

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Universal, Celebration and Downtown

Can anybody please recommend the best family places to eat (with two fussy children) in these three locations? We cannot afford "fine dining", but would like to plan a few nice meals in during our holiday.

Many thanks.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,754 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Universal, Celebration and Downtown

DTD-Rainforest Cafe, T Rex

Universal Studios-Finnegans Bar & Grill

Universal Citiwalk-Pastamore, Margaritaville

Sorry can't help with Celebration I'm sure someone else can

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
16,758 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Universal, Celebration and Downtown

Can you clarify...inside Universal Studios Theme Park or anywhere on Universal property (including CityWalk where somewhere like Hard Rock or Margaritaville would probably be good with kids)? Downtown Orlando or Downtown Disney? If Downtown Disney, I agree, somewhere like T-Rex, Rainforest, or Planet Hollywood might be the best way to go with kids although they wouldn't be my first choice there. I'd prefer House of Blues, Wolfgang Puck Cafe, Raglan Road, etc. - all fine to take kids too. Celebration we like Cafe DAntonio (italian) among others. Wouldn't call it a family restaurant, but again, no worries taking children there, and what kid doesn't like pizza or pasta.

Leeds, UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Universal, Celebration and Downtown

Thank you for your replies so far. I was referring to anywhere on Universal Property (preferably CityWalk), and Downtown Disney.

Please keep any recommendations coming. Many thanks. :-)

Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
4,584 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Universal, Celebration and Downtown

Hi! Jolly

We have only eaten at Planet Hollywood at DTD, and loved it, will definatley be going back next time! We didnt have kids with us but there were loads of families with kids, who seemed to be having a great time! My OH has done House of blues and wants to go back not sure what its like for families!!

And a vote for Hard Rock Cafe at Universal. Havent eaten in Celebration yet, plan on doing so on next visit, sorry!

Wolverhampton...
Level Contributor
107 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Universal, Celebration and Downtown

Hi, In Down Town Disney I would recommend Planet Hollywood, I think the kids would really like that because of the decorations, the music is quite load though. I would definately recommend Raglan Road, Good irish music with Irish dancing, and the food is excellent and good value for money.

6. Re: Restaurants in Universal, Celebration and Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 06:19