We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nova scotia
Level Contributor
291 posts
Save Topic
choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

we are trying to figure out when is the best time for us to go...our priorities are warm weather......low-mid 80's......not tooooo much humidity

also any opinions which week 1st week of may or mid oct would have less line-ups

i also see that sometimes disney cuts back on the hours.....would either of these weeks probally be included...if so..does it really make that much difference if the park closes at 7 instead of 8 or 9

and if the parks do close early..how do you go about reserving suppertime meals....because that would effect this

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,611 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

I like May. The weather tends to be great, and with lower humidity than Oct which is still storm season. It will be hot enough.

It is my understanding that if reservations are available and they allow you to book them you can stay behind to eat. If not, they wouldn't allow booking.

lancashire uk
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

A plus for October is you are still over 6 months away on dining reservations. If eating onsite is important to you, you may find alot of the dining booked up for May at the better times, now reservations can be made 180 days in advance.

FL
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

you cant go wrong with either choice, they are both among the best times to go.1st week of may has more sunshine, more daylight hours, probably less rain, a little hotter in may. crowds no worse than average, I would guess mid-october crowds a little lighter than early may. it's a close call so choose whichever time is more convenient for you.

Edited: 30 March 2010, 15:50
Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

In May many schools will be already on vacation. All schools are in session in October.

pa
Level Contributor
54,002 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

Park Hours for October are pretty late, wouldn't worry about that too much

IMO, October can't be beat for Low crowds. Also the extra Perks of enjoying the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot and the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom

OK, I am going in October so think it's quite a swell time to go. Also agree, if making any Dining reservations, it will, at this point, be alot easier to plan and make those :)

Wilton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

It is a close call in every aspect. The weather is less humid in May and generally more relable. I have been in October 3 times and experienced good weather in the early 80s and found the parks far less crowded than May.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

I've been to Disney at all times of year and October by far is the best time to go. The weather is still beautiful and the crowds are light. If I had a choice between May and October, October wins hands down.

8. Re: choosing when to go.!!......first week of may or mid oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 07:17