We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
193 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

We are going back to Orlando next month (its been YEARS for me) and it just so happens a good friend of mine and her family are going back next month also... and we got to talking... and she went last year and they used the I Ride Trolley the entire time and didn't spend money on a taxi at all. http://www.iridetrolley.com/

I looked it up and thought I would share with others on this board, as we are definitely going to go this route now. It's only $8 per person for an unlimited rides/transfers/etc pass for 5 days with the trolley running every 20 minutes and until 10:30pm at night. My friend said it seemed like they never waited 20 minutes and it worked great for them. The map they have on their website shows them going from far north I-drive all the way to far south I-drive ~ everywhere we are planning to go for the week and then some! It even has an interactive look-up section to find what you want and get the stop number. Anyway, my friends highly recommended it so thought I'd share the info with you. It makes me feel better about deciding to cancel our rental car. I'll write a trip review when we get back to give my experience.

Waterford,ireland
Level Contributor
283 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

Whatever your choice of transport is you can buy the multiple day passes for both in the official tourist office near stops 20-12 on I-drive, we have used both on past trips , it gives options- we usually take whichever comes along first on i-drive- you will have to use Lynx to get to disney- I've never had any major problems on either - Lynx can be less busy at times that when we go specifically for them

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

I think that one of your statements may well be incorrect, (but i might be wrong) But someone will correct me.

I do not think the I Ride trolley goes to Universal. but drops you off somewhere near Wet & Wild . If this is the case you will have to walk the mile and half to the Universal park gates. And back of course unless you take a taxi.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
45,825 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

I too beleive that the Iride does not go all the way to universal. A mile and ah9olf in the heat and or rain isn't my idea of a holiday experience.

But go ahead and use it, and have fun. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions and choice- you haven't stepped on my toes ;-)

Although I myself don't like buses, I don't like the trolley either as no a/c and standing room only etc.

Personally, I would always get a car. but that is a debate for another day ;-)

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,926 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

The Green Line will take you to Major BLVD (stop 4b) which is a ten minute walk to the entrance of US. This, I believe, is the closest point whereas the Lynx will take you inside the bus parking area about 2 minutes away.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,836 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

I'm sure it's the desire of all of us to help ensure you make the best of your visit. As far as this forum is concerned, that means making sure you (and, indeed, anyone else happening on this thread) are as properly informed as we can, whether it be fact or opinion.

I-Ride is fairly well publicised whereas LYNX is not; hotel concierge desks offer I-Ride passes and can book shuttles and taxis, but rarely, in my experience, advise on LYNX services. Consequently, many people head for Orlando blissfully unaware that there are alternatives to I-Ride which (for reasons I won't go over again) has its shortcomings. Most visitors do not intend to confine themselves to I-Drive and consequently believe they will need to use taxis or costly shuttles to get further; they then do so and it costs them what might be considered an unnecessarily large sum. That is the sole reason for labouring the point.

And I wanted you to be under no illusion; when you said "I simply do not prefer a bus, my friends....have highly recommended we try the I Ride Trolley", I felt you were perhaps under a misapprehension about I-Ride; be in no doubt: it IS a bus service - albeit a "fancy" one - and not a tram or streetcar etc.

However, in your particular case, you have clearly stated your intention to remain either at your resort or in the immediate area; for that, I-Ride will serve you.

Edited: 02 April 2010, 06:59
Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
16,496 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

Riding I Ride is a bit whiffy in the heat, not for me these days, prefer the comfort and reliability of a car

27. Re: I Ride Trolley ~ my friend recommends

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2010, 05:18