We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to Disney World or Drive to Disney World??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle to Disney World or Drive to Disney World??

I am flying to orlando and renting a car our condo we rented offers free shuttle service to DW or the condo said they can give it to me cheaper but then I wouldn't have the free shuttle service. So trying to figure out if it is better to pay the extra $50 for the "free shuttle service" or save the $50 since I'll have a rental car anyways and just drive ourselves to the parks? How much is parking there??

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,805 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle to Disney World or Drive to Disney World??

Parking is 14.00 at all parks. You have to decide whether having the convenience of your own car is worth it. I would check to see how often the shuttles run. It may be worth them taking you. If I had that option and I was going to break even or pay less for the shuttle I'd do that.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,293 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle to Disney World or Drive to Disney World??

I would recommend driving-especially at the end of the day in the parks,it is great to have your car,be able to come and go as you please and not depend on a shuttle that may or may not be convenient for you. I certainly would not pay for a shuttle whe passing it up means you can get the condo cheaper.its easy to drive to Disney and park and far,far more convenient

hot springs, ar
Level Contributor
419 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle to Disney World or Drive to Disney World??

Thanks for the advice. I definitly want the rental car so I guess I'll go with a discount on the condo to forgo the shuttle. How is driving in orlando (easy or stressful) Certain cities I hate driving in. Las Vegas was awful to drive in..I vowed never to rent a car there again! Hopefully orlando is easy to get around. Normally hubby drives but this time it's me doing the driving. Is there any way to get discount disney parking passes?

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,293 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle to Disney World or Drive to Disney World??

Orlando is pretty easy to drive around;signage is good and if you make a wrong turn,its simple to turn around. I agree.Las Vegas is the worst to drive around,the Strip traffic is horrendous

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,078 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle to Disney World or Drive to Disney World??

Sorry no parking passes for Disney parking, however if you are on a hopper ticket, you will only need to pay for parking once daily.

6. Re: Shuttle to Disney World or Drive to Disney World??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2010, 06:17