We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are we really back home?!?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Are we really back home?!?

Just got back late Saturday night from a wonderful 2 week trip to Disneyworld. After counting down the months, weeks, days, then hours for 14 months, it is now all over! We stayed at Summer Bay Resorts and had a 3 bedroom 3 bathroom condo through a RCI timeshare exchange w/ my brother and family and overall it was great. We did Magic Kingdom twice, Animal Kingdom all day on Easter Sunday, Disney Hollywood Studios once (we should have gone a 2nd time), Epcot for a split day (wish we would have had more time in the countries), and Typhoon Lagoon once for the 1st time, Blizzards Beach twice, and Disney Quest one evening. I can say that we successfully conquered the 2nd busiest time at Disneyworld very well. The weather was great; glad to see it warm up above normal temparatures. We got a little rain, but mostly sunny the whole time. I am now in a depression after leaving and can't break away from the Orlando TA forum!!! Can't wait to go back already. Our son was crying in bed last night. When my husband when up to see what was wrong, he came back down saying that he already missed Florida! :( I guess all things must come to an end eventually. Happy planning and have a great trip for all of you that are headed there! Thanks for the great information on here as usual too!

North Scituate...
Level Contributor
1,383 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Are we really back home?!?

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! Start planning for the next one!

Cookie

Ladysmith, Canada
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Are we really back home?!?

So happy to hear you had a wonderful visit. I hope your Post Vacation Depression (PVD) will end soon. I haven't gone yet (15 sleeps left) and I'm concerned of my PVD and PPD (Post Planning depression) What will I do after it's all done?

Which Water Park did you prefer Annyka?

Scotland
Level Contributor
339 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are we really back home?!?

Glad you had a great time Annyka. Please don't break away from the forum, your experience will help those of us who are still planning.

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are we really back home?!?

Yes, I would love to start planning the next trip there! Realistically, that won't be for another couple/few years.

When it is all over, you can be back here on this forum like me and living through others' getting ready to leave. I don't know if that helps or not!?!

5 years ago for our 1st trip to Disneyworld, we just did Blizzards Beach, not Typhoon Lagoon (recommended by my brother who had been to both). This time, I wanted to experience both for myself. I loved the tropical. relaxed feeling of Typhoon Lagoon and I am glad we went there; however we are in to the big water slides which we didn't feel like TL had and definately like BB much better. The atmosphere at TL is great and I would go back, but enjoy the slides much better at BB.

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Are we really back home?!?

So sad it is over but so glad you had a great Holiday

Hang out with us any time, it helps and who knows, everyone says they won't be going back for a long time but everyone seems to find a way to get back sooner :)

UK
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Are we really back home?!?

Sounds like you had a great time!

Have fun planning your next one! ;)

Washington State
Level Contributor
1,692 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are we really back home?!?

Thanks guys!!! I will definately be on here off and on. Already trying to figure out when we can go back!!!!! It was great going when my son was 4 1/2 years old and than again now at 9 1/2; seeing him at different ages, able to do the big rides this time ect . . .

Wisbech, United...
Level Contributor
65 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are we really back home?!?

You never grow out of it..........I,m now 56 years old and have been going to Orlando for the last 20 years on and off......I save so hard to get back cuz I love it so.........And I come all the way from the UK....I have just 8 sleeps till my next trip and am just doing my itinerey...I,m sure you will make it back soon.......You can do anything if you believe..............

canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are we really back home?!?

We had our big family trip in 2008..fab time that went too fast. Didn't expect to get back for a long time. Then 2009 comes around and BAM, back we go. Now it's 2010 and we're counting down to our third trip (leaving in May)...it's addictive! You may be back before you know it! So happy you had a good time. There's nothing better than spending a happy holiday with family :) ss

10. Re: Are we really back home?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2010, 07:22