We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Hotels

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Hotels

Having a hard time deciding on a hotel inside Disney. Do we go with less expensive with more travel time or something that is closer to the action? We will only be there for 3 nights. Want to be close to restaurants for dinner.....any thoughts and suggestions. There is only the 2 of us...no kids.

pa
Level Contributor
54,089 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Hotels

Staying at any Disney Resort will put you as close as you can get to the Action, so to speak. You can eat at any DIsney Restaurant, in the Parks or at the Resorts. Downtown DIsney has several nice DIning options as well. You can get around on Disney Transportation ( Bus, Boat, Monorail ) Really depends on the Budget, as far as the Resorts go. All the Moderates are Nice. Recomend Coronado Springs for a Couple ) In the Deluxe, Wilderness Lodge is a favourite for us. Very relaxing. I would always op for more travel time but have gotten used to staying at at least a Moderate ( I Love the Pools and Hot Tubs :)

Be sure to check the current discounts

www.wdwinfo.com/discounts.html

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,845 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Hotels

Wilderness Lodge

aurora, co
Level Contributor
4,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Hotels

My daughter and I really enjoy Port Orleans Riverside. We love the water taxi to Downtown Disney , lots of shopping and dining choices. If you don't mind the additional cost you could stay at one of the monorail resorts, then you could take the monorail to the different hotels for different dining choices.

Washington, DC
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Hotels

For two adults and a short trip it's hard to beat one of the Epcot resorts. So quick and easy to get to both Epcot and the Studios, the restaurants at the Boardwalk, the World Showcase restaurants, and the restaurants in the Epcot resort hotels. You can easily make it back to your hotel for a much-needed break in the afternoon, then head back for a full night. The Swan and Dolphin usually offer significantly less expensive rates for the same general location, comparable quality, and importantly for adults, fewer kids.

Wantagh, New York
Level Contributor
1,976 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Hotels

I was thinking of that...but they won't include transfers. How much would a taxi be from the airport???

pa
Level Contributor
54,089 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Hotels

Taxi from MCO to the Boardwalk area Resorts including the Swan & Dolphin will be $50 or so

www.mearstransportation.com

Keep in mind the Swan and Dolphin are Not Disney Ressorts and don't offer all the Disney Perks

7. Re: Disney Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2010, 07:16