We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

**Latest update from UK**

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
**Latest update from UK**

NATS has just announced that UK flight restrictions are aro be extended to 1.00am This is applicable to most but not all of the UK airports.

However eleven flights are coming into Newcastle after 7.0 pm tonight. These flights are Thomson long haul flights. Our local news reports that there is frantic activity at Newcastle airport. Glasgow and Teesside may open for a short period also after 7.0pm

Southern airports are not re-opening at all as yet. BA have laughaul flights in the air now and were hoping to land them at Heathrow. This is now not going to happen. Perhaps they will land them at Glasgow or Newcastle.

Madrid is being used as a 'hub' for UK passengers on the continent. Buses will then be arranged to get passengers to ferry terminals.

I'm watching the news now as I type. Breaking news: Aberdeen, Inverness and Edingburgh operating limited service, Glasgow and Teeside to operate between 7.0pm and midnight.

I think this is just to receive flights, not to get any out.

Good luck everyone.

Regards,

Deaconblue

Edited: 20 April 2010, 15:17
Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: **Latest update from UK**

Just bumping this up for info.

Deaconblue

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
18,581 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: **Latest update from UK**

Cheers Deaconblue

Wales
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: **Latest update from UK**

From Sky News :

"British Airways is apparently set to defy the air traffic control service as the airline hopes to land planes at Heathrow despite the current ban, SKy sources say."

I'm sure there is a method to thier madness!

uk
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: **Latest update from UK**

some have diverted already to france holland and prob spain. but two are in circular holding at the moment and have not diverted. I will keep u posted.

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
3,468 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: **Latest update from UK**

CAA says British Airways are not being allowed to land at Heathrow. They have landed one plane in Brussels and two are expected to land at Newcastle. This has just been on the 7.30pm BBC news.

A transatlantic fight from Toronto is due to land imminently at Newcastle. As yet there are no coaches to take passengers on their onward journey.

Regards,

Deaconblue

London
Level Contributor
78 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: **Latest update from UK**

Currently stranded in Chicago.

Don't want to leak on anyone's parade, but whatever airport reopened won't help you if your airline refuses to fly there. I have that problem with United, who are refusing to consider any redirection to alternative countries including spain.

They mass-cancelled all flights to Europe from the US today so it makes no difference if Frankfurt or Amsterdam are reopened to us flyers.

Good luck everyoone! I'm not complaining because I just became stranded yet met some people who have been in the airport for 12 days! 12!

New York
Level Contributor
382 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: **Latest update from UK**

12 days! Out of control, good luck to everyone!

Wales
Level Contributor
82 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: **Latest update from UK**

This is flashing up in bbc banner, but no accompanying story yet.

BREAKING NEWS:The Civil Aviation Authority will phase out UK airspace restrictions from 2200 BST

Scotland
Level Contributor
135 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: **Latest update from UK**

Breaking news on Sky New Channel....

All British airports are re-opening from 10.00pm. The BA flights on route to Heathrow will be allowed to land there.

candyfloss40
Level Contributor
685 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: **Latest update from UK**

Indeed...oooo that is good news