We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DHS - Toy Story ride

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
DHS - Toy Story ride

Now we think we are definately going it is back to the planning again. We are thinking of going to DHS on Sun2nd May, arriving in time for afternoon parade and staying until Fantasmic. We are really keen to see Toy Story but have heard fastpasses often run out before midday. What are our chances of getting on?

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

Hi Lat, you should still be able to actually get on the Toy Story ride by standing in the queue but in my experience i have never seen the queue less than a 70 minute wait yet! You are right about the fastpasses, they are usually all gone by about 11am.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
593 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

We have been to HS a few times over the last year and a half and only ever managed to get on once.

Fast passes are either gone or say a crazy return time like 8pm when you get it at 11am....which is fine if you are staying in the park all day.

We really enjoyed it and i would say its worth getting in line for if you have never done it but your chances are that you will get on but need to wait in the normal line for about an hour.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
308 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

I agree with above posts...the regular line should get you through in under 75 minutes-I loved that ride and think it is worth the wait. On May 3rd last year- the fast passes were all gone by 1:00. EVen by 9:30/10 am- they had late afternoon return times...

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

Hi

we were on it twice over the last couple of weeks - and easter is busy..

both times fast passes were finished and wait time was over 70 mins, but it is an ok wait, plenty to see inside and it is quite cool, unlike some other dark claustrophobic queues I wouldn't be able to wait in..

And it was never as long as the estimate... well worth it though.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,118 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

We were there in November and January and both times (slow season) the fast passes were gone before noon and the line was 2 hours. We came back several times during the day and the line was always the same. It was out the door and filling all the queue. We did get a fast pass one morning about 20 minutes after the park had opened and the return time was at 2:30! We did come back and got to ride, it's really a great ride, but I wouldn't wait 2 hours to ride it.

Good luck, Donna

Panama
Level Contributor
1,503 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

I went for the second week of December. Got in the park at rope drop, got fastpasses and had return time at 10:30 am, not bad! Rode, it, and then used fastpass later on during the day.

If you are going a Sunday you better get there early.

Marquibiri

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

We stayed onsite at Disney and everytime we went into DHS the Toy Story queue was over 75mins and all the fast passes were gone. We were desperate to ride it so on our last day before making our way to the airport we headed over to DHS and just stood in the regular line. It was again around a 75 minute wait but it did seem to go quite fast as it was continually moving. I would recommend anyone waiting for it as it is such a great attraction, definately worth 75 mins!

If when you go the fast passes have already gone just get in line and wait! It would be such a shame to miss out on something as good as this.

Enjoy!

FL
Level Contributor
250 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

do Toy Story if you're into video games. If not, it's still one of the more interesting experiences but not worth the long wait.

Binfield, United...
Level Contributor
497 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

We did it a few days ago and by 11 - 11.30am all the fast passes were gone.

It is my favorite ride so far :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: DHS - Toy Story ride

Sorry, I have to disagree with PaceFl. I have no interest in video games whatsoever. I NEVER play them but I absolutely loved the Toy Story experience. It's far more than just a video game type thing and definately worth the wait, even for non video game fans.

Edited: 24 April 2010, 10:40