We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

:)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
:)

38 days to go :)

Special Offer
Kennedy Space Center Day Trip with...
471 reviews
from US$54.99*
US$59.00
Kennedy Space Center and Everglades...
187 reviews
from US$128.99*
Special Offer
3-Attraction Ticket: The Coca-Cola...
14 reviews
from US$49.99*
US$87.87
Kennedy Space Center Ultimate...
77 reviews
from US$168.99*
Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: :)

Anticipation is half the fun.

Just curious. Why do you chose to travel to Orlando over the Disneyland in Europe?

safe travels--

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
2,205 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: :)

After the Winter we've just had, I'm guessing that sunshine has a lot to do with the choice!

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: :)

We leave on the 10th June and I am now really looking forward to the first of our twice yearly visit.

TravelingGuy; we went to Disneyland Paris when it first opened and enjoyed it as a first taste of Disney. The problem we found was that everything is in French and is very expensive. Also the weather can be rather hit or miss. Florida has more to offer than just theme parks and we enjoy going to other places throughout the state so much so we have had a house there for the last 4+ years.

Have a great holiday Aisling 1989 :)

swinton
Level Contributor
98 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: :)

251 hours to go but we not counting lol

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: :)

TravelingGuy, 100s of reasons. The main ones are that Disneyland isn't great. There's only two parks there. Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. MK is almost identical to MK in Flordia but HS is no where near as good. There are like two rides in it and one of them is always broken down.

DTD there isn't great either. There's one shop similar to World of Disney, but a lot smaller and a Planet Hollywood and cinema. There's not much more there.

The shows in Paris are half french/half english, so they're much more enjoyable in America.

The food is soooooooooooooooo much better in America.

Merchandise etc is cheaper in Florida

If you stay in Disney in America, you're close to everything else, like Sea World, I Drive, Universal parks and everything else. In Paris, you're in the middle of nowhere.

The weather is great Florida.. Even if it is for the daily thunder storms.

I also love the other theme parks in Florida. I don't go just for Disney. The first two years I mostly stuck to the two Universal parks and SeaWorld.

The people are a lot nicer in Florida.

All the water parks as well...

And as Disneyveteran said.. SUNSHINE :)

I could go on all day but i'll leave it at that

dublin
Level Contributor
1,766 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: :)

Disneyland paris doesnt compare to orlando,been twice and enjoyed but wouldnt go back,would always go back to orlando,no matter how many visits.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: :)

And the guys are cuter in Orlando..

Unfortunately my boyfriend is coming this year though :( lol

Birmingham, UK
Level Contributor
60 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: :)

25 days to gooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

:-D

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: :)

There is also the cost of going to Paris - our trip for 4 days on a 1 hr flight away cost a lot more than our 2 weeks in Majorca!! Would rather put the £1000 towards a couple of weeks with sunshine and warm rain!!! And they don't have Busch Gardens :-)

Lou73

ps - how many hrs is that Aisling? still 13 wks for us!!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
460 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: :)

Aisling, lucky you.....180 days for us!

TravellingGuy,

We haven't been to Disneyland Paris, but have a number of friends who have and based on their reports it just doesn't seem to compare to DW Orlando. However, we have holidayed in France a number of times and accommodation, car hire, eating out, shopping, etc, etc, are all much more expensive in France than in Orlando. The only part of the Orlando holiday that is more expensive for us is the flight, but we find that the lower cost of everything else almost makes up for that. And of course, the weather is a huge attraction and the fact that there is no language barrier. It just ticks all the boxes for us :)