We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disney at christmas

n.s.
11 posts
Save Topic
disney at christmas

hi, from experience, what type of weather would we probably encounter at this time of year? is swimming going to be an option ? thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disney at christmas

We have been to Disney 3 times, all in the first 3 weeks of December....yes, we did some swimming in the hotel pool, but then we are from Canada! Some evenings and nights were quite cold (gloves and fleece jacket), and some days were fairly hot, so be prepared. I think averages were high 22C and low 11C. We never went to the water parks though, only because we preferred the other parks...in my opinion this is the best time to go if you can. They decorate for Christmas right after Thanksgiving weekend and you can't beat their Christmas atmosphere and if you leave just before the schools get out you don't have to face the crowds. Would definitely go again at that time!

Nottingham
Level Contributor
1,495 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disney at christmas

We went last Christmas for a couple of weeks, and the weather was variable but never really hot. The kids swam in the villa pool (heated) but we didn't feel it was warm enough to go to a water park, as we thought we would get pretty cold walking around when wet.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
2,823 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: disney at christmas

We were there early last Dec, we went to Aquatica twice, there were lots of other people in the water park also. We deceided on the day as the weather is changeable.

The cast members were in gloves and fleeces some days. However as we live in Scotland, I felt able to were shorts every day. The evening were cooler and we wore long trousers in the evenings

england
Level Contributor
1,489 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: disney at christmas

I have found the mornings to be quite cool, needing a fleece or cardy, but would often warm up really nicely during the day.

You will need to take a mixture of summer/autumn types of clothes. There may be some colder days and there may be some really hot days, you can not call it!

We watched the News Years Eve Fireworks in shorts and t shirts, and we were stood next to some locals in hat and gloves!!

galway
Level Contributor
1,223 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: disney at christmas

We were there Christmas 08 and weather was lovely. T shirt weather every day with cooler evenings. But end Dec 09 was horrendous. Wore Ugg boots and jackets and jeans all the time. Frost/sleet/wind chill factor. Coldest Dec in decades. So bad we had to book August this year to make upfor it. So what I amtrying to say don't rely on weather. Just be glad its orlando and loads to do. We opted for shopping. Did try out Disney quest for first time and all ages loved it.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: disney at christmas

I think there is no 'typical' december weather wise!

We went for new years 2004/2005, and it was boiling, we were in shorts & flip flops everyday, and swam most days in the hotel pool. Evenings needed an extra layer, but not cold.

I know people that went this past December, and said it was almost as cold as the UK!

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,120 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: disney at christmas

This year's weather has been crazy, December was chilly as was Jan, Feb and March-we locals start shivering when temps drop below 70. Definately bring a warm jacket for when the sun goes down and temps drop, during the day you should be okay with a light shirt. Layering is the best means of dressing.

December is one of the best month to be at the theme parks as we are all decorated for the Holidays....

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,523 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: disney at christmas

Wonderful time to visit, as Disney is so magical at Christmas! Weather is "iffy". During the same week, it was 84F during the day AND 31F during the DAY. As others have said, pack for everything!

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: disney at christmas

Weather is absolutely iffy. Sometimes balmy, sometimes very chilly. Could even change from day to day!

But always very magical!

10. Re: disney at christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2010, 04:17