We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nurses stations Disney

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Nurses stations Disney

Is there anywhere on Disney property to see a nurse?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
1,863 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nurses stations Disney

I can speak from personal experience that there is a nurses station at the Magic Kingdom. My nephew got stung by a bee. (he is allergic). The nurses were wonderful.

I would have to believe that the other parks have them too.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,130 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Nurses stations Disney

Indeed, all the parks have First Aid not just Magic Kingdom if you need them while in the park. There are Baby Care Centers as well where you can change diapers, get forgotten supplies, breast feed, etc.

If you are talking about where to go if you get sick while on holiday, you probably want to go to one of the Centra Cares centracare.org/Locations/…Default.aspx

or the Emergency Room. I believe there may be a Dr. on call service too.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Nurses stations Disney

All of the parks have First Aid Stations that are staffed by nurses. They also have paramedics in case of larger emergencies. If you get sick while at your resort (if staying on-site), you can actually have a Disney Dr. come to your room. We had to do this one visit. First, we had to call the front desk because our daughter got sick in the bed around 3:00am (fun fun). Within minutes (and I mean minutes) they had paramedics and a cleaning crew in our room. They checked her and felt that it was possibly strep because her throat was red and it often makes kids nauseous but since she was in no immediate danger suggested she be seen by a dr. to receive medication for it. The Disney Dr. was at our room at 8:30 am. He was fabulous and our insurance covered the visit. So they have it covered wherever you are.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nurses stations Disney

Thanks trecord, that's exactly my problem I was just told I have strep and I'm concerned my 4 year may get it. We will be arriving in exactly a week, I'm sure she'll be fine but she has a bit of a cough I'm going to get her checked out the night before we leave to be sure (dr told me not to bother unless she had a fever but I'm going anyway). At least I know Disney will take care of both of us if something happens.

Fayetteville, AR
Level Contributor
2,149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nurses stations Disney

yep, she got meds and rested until later that afternoon and we were back in the park later that evening....when it happened i just knew we would be sitting in an emergency room/clinic for hours waiting to see someone....but Disney was great and got us back to our fun in no time....it was fantastic having a Dr. come right to the room

Alabama
Level Contributor
703 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nurses stations Disney

Wow! I had no idea about the Disney Docs! Thanks for sharing.

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,470 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Nurses stations Disney

The Disney Docs are great AND the nurses in the parks are actually RNs. This is rare, in this day and age!

Our daughter has many health issues and our doctors actually recommend Disney for vacations, due to the excellent medical team and nearby hospital.

You will be well cared for. Focus on fun!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nurses stations Disney

I noticed that you are from North Bay, remember you will need to pay the Dr if you have to call them in, check your health insurance before you go, and you may need out-of-country insurance.

Do go see her Dr before you go and explain the situation. this may save a lot of cost and problems while away.

My son gets strep at least once a year, so I know all about it. But he does not always have a fever, we usually think it is just the flu at first.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,336 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nurses stations Disney

Neilalex,

Thanks for the insurance recomendation, but I never travel without, plus my work has us covered. 4 more sleeps and we'll be there yay and I'm still feeling horrible. I just hope my appetite comes back so I can enjoy my free dining!

10. Re: Nurses stations Disney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 03:17