We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bread and Milk

london
Level Contributor
88 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Bread and Milk

Hello, can anyone tell me what bread i can buy that is most like normal english white sliced bread. (kingsmill.hovis) and which milk is most like full fat for the kids and semi-simmed for me. no extra surgar ect.

I have been before and had no idea what to get when in walmart, and found that i couldn't get milk or bread i liked. The milk cartons for klids in disney where not nice.

thank you. 78 days to go yeah and always remember to pray to the volcano god to be kind.

Orlando
Level Contributor
10,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bread and Milk

Publix will have a better selection. The regular milk is called "whole milk" and comes in several brands.

From what I have read on the forum, you can try "white mountain bread". They have both sliced and unsliced version at the Publix bakery. My wife uses it for spinach dip, and it is pretty good . You may like regular wheat bread (not honey wheat) as it is not sweet.

There is usually one whole side of an aisle dedicated to bread,buns, and hogie rolls in the supermarkets. You name it, we probably have some form of it.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
1,138 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bread and Milk

I have to say that I have never found a bread in the US that didnt seem to have a very sweetened taste. I know this would be an individual thing but not found a sliced bread I am happy with. Everything else is great though!

I must just be a fusspot!

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bread and Milk

your not a fuss pot, the 'normal' bread is terrible.

We have found that unless the bread is fresh its very sweet and not very nice.

Fife, Scotland
Level Contributor
152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bread and Milk

I so love honey wheat bread!!! I really miss here in scotland!!

Sorry buts that all I buy over there, so no help on the white bread front!!!

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bread and Milk

oh and by fresh I mean not in a plastic bag!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bread and Milk

To me the milk tastes the same, havent noticed any difference there, we normally buy the 2% fat one, which is like our semi-skimmed.

The bread on the other hand is terrible, and we normally buy Italian bread, as it doesnt have that icky sweet taste to it

Norwood, MA
Level Contributor
355 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bread and Milk

No idea what bread you should buy.

Here's a funny story about milk. My father in law likes "half & half" in his coffee, which over here is half full cream and half whole milk. He had an English girl staying over at his house and he couldn't understand why his half & half kept running out. It turns out this English girl (she was from London if that makes a difference) thought the half & half was half skim milk and half whole milk and was putting it in her morning cereal. I'm sure she must have been a few pounds heavier when she got home!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
7,932 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bread and Milk

"Italian Bread" is not too sweet and is probably closest to ours.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,141 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bread and Milk

Perhaps Panera Bread would have the type of bread you like, there are several locations around Orlando, one on Sand Lake Road west of International and also one by the Premium Outlets. Bread, bagels and other yummies are baked daily. They also have a nice lunch menu with great soups.

Doncaster, S Yorks
Level Contributor
10,270 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bread and Milk

Publix has some bread similar to french bread that's baked in a Bloomer.

But there is a bakery in Osceola mall (East on 192) that's run by Brits and it bakes traditional English bread but don't know what they call it.