We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to say NO to time share sales people

OM2
London
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Topic
How to say NO to time share sales people

I've read a lot about the time share sales people and how they will do their damn best to make a sale + turn not nice when they realise they don't have a sale

I've read about people who were well aware of the process and were saying NO right from the start and then 3 hours later they found themselves still with the sales people

Can anyone give some 'saying NO' (politely ofcourse) tips

Thanks!

OM

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
21,755 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

Don't go in the first place!!

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,053 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

Well said USLovers!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

Ditto to both the above posts!! Its never the amount of time they tell you, we made the mistake of doing it about 7 years ago, we were told it would be a "90 minute presentation" , we got there at 9.30am and didnt get out until 3.45pm!!!! Never again, no discount they offer for anything is worth losing a days holiday!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

NEVER go to a TS presentation. For any reason. Your time is worth more than any incentive.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
199 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

The only language they understand is F**k off! Saying NO, never seems to work, being polite never seems to work.

Metro Orlando
Destination Expert
for Daytona Beach
Level Contributor
4,270 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

Personally I just say No when they approach me. If they persist, I'll give them a stern "Dude, Go Away.". The key is probably not showing particular concern for politeness. If they get that from you (politeness) they figure they've got something to work with and they'll be all over it.

I did ask a timeshare person about the price of a place one time because I actually liked it. As he was bringing me to the office he wouldn't tell me and said that only the person in the office could tell me. So, I walked away.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, or maybe it's the advantage of a good German mother, but timeshare people and religious fanatics just seem to leave me alone.

Edited: 16 May 2010, 16:54
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

I have heard of people who manage to get out in under two hours but they were VERY aggressive about it. I remember reading about one guy who turned up with a stop watch and said something to the effect of "Your 90 minutes begin now-GO!) I also remember reading that things can get kind of ugly-like threatening to call the police ugle.

The thing is they hold your "free" tickets hostage to keep you there.

Jennifer

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,479 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

I agree with Shell....... they understand that saying the world over !!

seriously though, a strong no thanks and put your hand up works wonders, and keep walking...never stop..

Be careful of your hotel information desks, incase you end up agreeing to go to something which turns out to be a timeshare...

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
49,129 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

With all the money ahd time it takes to get to Orlando for your holiday why would you waste a day (or even a half day) on this? Time is money and you'll waste more than you get back.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How to say NO to time share sales people

Plus you don't want to regret being pressured into doing something that you don't want to do. There are plenty of hotel deals in Orlando so if I were you I'd skip the timeshare presentation. It's not worth your precious vacation time to save a few bucks. They are trained to take no for an answer. They will keep pestering you for your whole vacation. It won't end after your first encounter.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL