We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining out trip report

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Dining out trip report

Thought I would do my reports by catagories rather than days. So here goes, we stayed at floridays resort on international drive for 2 weeks, we returned on Friday the 21st may.

During our stay we ate at:

tex Rex at downtown Disney, we queued up at 8pm, finally got sat down at 9.15, it was busy everywhere so I recommend prebooking. The food and atmosphere was excellent, however we were sat in the ice cave which I would avoid as the mood lighting messes with you eyes-and makes your food look less appealing. This was also our most expensive meal out $200 for 6 -no appertisers or desserts.

UNO's chicago grill on I-drive

we ate here a couple of times, nice atmosphere, good service enjoyed the food, the do mini desserts at $1.99 which is also a plus!

Ponderosa-I-drive

not a fan of this chain, however the buffet was fresh, and the resturant was clean, but my steak was a very poor quality and was 90% griddle. The others in the party enjoyed there's however so maybe I was unlucky............

Olive garden -I-drive

first visit here, really enjoyed it, we had a sampler starter and the tour of Italy for mains and a delicious dessert.

Again along que for this one so I would suggest making a reservation.

Will definatley go back, my one comment is that the food was americanised, so don't expect authentic Italian, but stll delicious!

Dennys- various locations

great value, great service, good food everytime, a great "no thought required" diner, for breakfast, evening meal, or just a shake!

Sizzler-I-drive

1st time visit, as previously mentioned I am not a fan of buffet style resturants, however this one was good, clean, fresh food, steak freshly cooked, heavy with the free drink refills, would go again.

Earl of sandwich-down town disney

we had the the all American, and the original. Long que but served quickly, not very clean, lots of flies, sandwiches just ok. Would not go back, there are nicer sandwiches about.

Ghiardellies- downtown Disney

we had the hot fudge sundae, the service was terrible, the sundae was delicious.

Longhorns steakhouse-opp old town highway 192

no wait, really good steak, great service, good all rounder.

don pablos Mexican-I-drive

clean, not busy, food good, not a great selection, not sure if we would go back.

Johny rockets-pointe Orlando-nice shake and sundae, but no better than dennys.

Crispers sandwich bar-winter park, really good sandwiches, clean good service.

Theme park eateries.

Gatorland, had foot long dog, good and reasonable.

Universal, richter burgers, good burgers, clean, no queues.

Universal, mels dinner, great milkshakes!

Islands of adventure, crossiant moon, nice fresh sandwiches and key lime pie to die for. Service slow, but nice place to chill out and watch the world go by.

We also had pizza delivery one night, fron NYPD, this is not a cheap option. We spent $70 for 6.

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
765 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dining out trip report

Great report. Many of the places you mentioned are common American chains, and you can sign up on most of their websites a couple of weeks ahead and they will send you discounts by email.

Douglass
Level Contributor
28 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dining out trip report

great report. It will help me make better dinning chioces for sure and I even learned of a couple new ones. I'm glad to what to expect "bill" wise reguarding Trex as we will be dinning there next Sunday.

ireland
Level Contributor
62 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dining out trip report

GrEAT report! what was your favourite place to dine?

Cheshire
Level Contributor
5,097 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dining out trip report

A really useful and informative report.( didn't mean to sound like a teacher ) :))

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
662 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Dining out trip report

Great tip mrspopeye, we did exactly that and received a 20% discount at dennys, we also had one for the cheesecake factory but never managed to feel hungry enough to go!

I think our fav place was the olive garden, perhaps because I was not expectng to enjoy as I am not a big pasta lover, but Unos is also a firm fav that we visit each time we go.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
705 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dining out trip report

Great help, thank you. If you pre-book do they take credit card details and charge you if you don't turn up or don't cancel within a certain time.

Thanks

7. Re: Dining out trip report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 05:18