We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting acclimated ~~~

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
Getting acclimated ~~~

A few weeks back we had snow, cold and just plan freezing ..

And now my body is trying to get acclimated to heat and lots of sun !! It is already 86 here and it is only 8:45 am ...Does this mean this somebody is looking out for us so we get use to the heat and the humidity... in just 14 days :)

Disneychicks

Magic Kingdom Park
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Epcot
Theme Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park
Water Parks, Disney Parks & Activities
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,083 posts
203 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

We are about an hour from Appleton so we are going through the same thing. We had 4 inches of snow a couple of weeks ago and the kids were having snowball fights. Now we are setting up the pool and sweating. Maybe this whole summer is going to be hot to prime us for September when we leave. I hope not!!

Have a good trip and stay cool this week. It's supposed to be hot all week.

pa
Level Contributor
54,254 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

Gosh, could you send some of the86* temps my way ? It was 91* on Friday, thought that Summer had arrived but alas, we are back to dreary days, cloudy skies, rain and a high of only 65* :(

You are indeed Lucky and the Sunshine Gods are looking down on you to prepare you for Orlando

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

Am getting a real awaking here....planted 2 acres of grass and planting pine trees and push mowing about 2 acres already....weed killing, planting flowers.....

May be I will get some of this winter "LARD" that I have accumulated off of me :)

Just heading out to plant a weeping willow tree (I know they are messy and I will probably cuss about it later)... in a year or so i can sit under it and drink a cooool beverage and relax !!

Disneychicks

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

Well I think I have reach the point ..that I can deal with the Florida heat !!!

Have been outside for the last week tending the yard...and loving the heat we are having here in Wisconsin !! Have a great tan going already :)

I was so worried about dealing the the heat on vacation..that it was driving me crazy ! But now I feel like I can do it..... And yes we will still have to take breaks and drink plenty of water and even hang out at the pool :)

One week from today we travel to our "stay and fly" and then fly out Monday morning....will be arriving at POP...Monday afternoon :)

Disneychicks :)

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,037 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

I was watching the weather at WDW last week and the high there was going to be lower than in the northeast. We had truly lovely weather. It only began to get what I'd call hot on Friday.

Sending you pixie dust for a bit of our magical weather in June :-)

Jennifer

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
3,667 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

We have had close to 90's all week ..there has been only 1 day where the humidity was really bad ..other wise very nice.

Just came from on outside Memorial Day church service at our cemetery...the weather was get...sun shining and a slight breeze !!

Awww.....thanks so much Jennifer ~~~for the pixie dust :)

Disneychicks

north east
Level Contributor
2,449 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

If the heat gets too much send some over to England!! Was in the 80s last weekend - lucky if its hitting 60 this weekend - temp dropped off the dial on Monday and still to recover!! Gone from shorts and vest tops to jeans and t-shirts with socks back on!! Typical bank holiday weather for us!!

Hope you are all ready for Disney!! Got another 8 weeks for us to heat up and get ready!

Lou73

Bay City, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Michigan
Level Contributor
5,258 posts
1,279 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

Cannot stand the heat---where was our Spring? LOL. Nice in April -heck even March. May has either been cold or HOT. 70's please make an entended visit......lol. I could never visit FL in the heat of summer.

Cape Canaveral...
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
7,447 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

I'd say you're more than ready for Florida weather. We haven't had 86 degree weather that early in the morning and hope we won't anytime soon. :)

10. Re: Getting acclimated ~~~

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 November 2010, 05:16