We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Disney Photo Pass

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Disney Photo Pass

I'll be in Orlando next week and received an offer from Disney to prebuy the photo pass for 99.00. Has anyone done this? What types of pictures do you get? Where do you go to take the pictures or do you have to look for the photographers and ask them to take your picture? My teenage boys are going to go off on their own with their cousins. If I'm at the Magic Kingdom and they are at Epcot, can they get their picture taken and added to my photo pass? Is it worth it? Can two families combine the photo pass optiion? I am going with my sister and her family. I would like pictures with all of us and then some with just us.

pa
Level Contributor
54,188 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Disney Photo Pass

I have pre-ordered the Photopass CD many times

There are Photopass Photographers all over at all the Disney Parks, Waterparks and Resorts.You can have them take your photo whenever you see one. You will be given a Photopass Card that is swiped by the Photographers, you can have several Cards, you can combine all the Photos later, before you leave to head home or after you get home, it can all be done on line. You can add photos that you have taken with your own camera as well. We have had as many as 300 or more Photos

The $99 Deal is good, I highly recomend it

Here is a bit more info

http://allears.net/tp/ppass.htm

MN
Level Contributor
152 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Disney Photo Pass

We were there in May and did this. The cost of ordering anything from them is so expensive I think it's worth it as long as you have a lot of pictures taken.

The photgraphers are at all character photo ops, the entrances such as main street, spaceship earth etc, character meals and even water parks.

They also just walk around and will take any shots you want. Your boys can just get a photo card if they have pics taken, and when you get homeyou can combine them all, we had 9 different cards with ours.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Disney Photo Pass

They said they would give you a photo release for your pictures. Does this mean that you can have them made at Walmart or Snapfish? Do you have to order pictures through them once you get the disc?

pa
Level Contributor
54,188 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Disney Photo Pass

Once you have the CD you can do whatever you want with it. Yes, you can have Prints made from your local store, copy the CD for other family members, download to your Computer, whatever you like, you do not have to order prints from Disney

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,986 posts
1,789 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Disney Photo Pass

If you can pre-purchase it, its good value.

I passed up on a pre-purchase, but had so many photos taken at Disney parks, by the time we returned and looked at them online, of course we purchased them and at a higher price.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Disney Photo Pass

I have the option to purchase it ahead of time for 99.00. I just may do it seeing I'm not locked in to purchasing pictures from Disney. If I go with my sister maybe I can get her to split it with me. The only problem I have is that my family hates to take pictures. They don't realize the value in it 5 or 10 years from now when they can look back on the pictures and say remember when.

cardiff
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Disney Photo Pass

hi where can you purchase one from i would like to do this too

NJ
Level Contributor
166 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Disney Photo Pass

Guys I am already back - and am planning to buy the CD. I never got such an offer else I would have taken it. It is a lovely option and I would highly recommend it - lots of family photos, awesome picture quality and for the most part photopass photographers are really pleasat and will take as many shots as you like.

I think I have to pay $150 (+taxes) to get it. So if you can get it for $99 awesome deal. Gurus do you know of any cheaper option?

Many Thanks.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Disney Photo Pass

I'm staying on Disney property at Port Orleans Riverside and I received an email from Disney saying your Disney vacation is almost here. It had details on my resort, park hours and the Disney photo pass for 99.00. I have to buy it by 6/18 to get in on it. I leave on 6/19.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,986 posts
1,789 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Disney Photo Pass

This is the link.

www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx