We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 Adults needing hotel advice (universal area)

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
2 Adults needing hotel advice (universal area)

Hi all, I need your advice on a hotel and I'll try to give as much detail as possible which hopefully will be able you guys to give me some good choices!

We are two english buddies in our mid 30's looking to stay on I-Drive (preferrably Universal end but not a deal breaker) for a week or so November 5th - 12th 2010.

Both of us have been to the Orlando area before, but both of us stayed Kissimmee / Main gate east and would like somewhere a little more central this time.

Despite our advancing years we are both theme park junkies and will be looking to do both Universal Studios and Islands of adventure, seaworld and if we get time, Busch Gardens. We have both "Disneyed" before and probably will again, but on this trip we plan on doing the other parks.

So could anyone suggest a hotel at around the $100 a night level which is kind of in the middle of it all for an adult holiday? By adult we don't mean Orange Blossom trail adult!!! more like a lively location near to some neighbourhood party bars and perhaps a pool with plenty going on but without so many young children.

We do plan to rent a car, but we would never drink and drive so any bars in walking distance would be a bonus (obviously we'll get a taxi to city walk a few nights, but it's nice to stay local on occassion (especially for the wallet!)

any ideas would really be appreciated especially as our hotel budget isn't massive.

thanks in advance.

Fog.

Edited: 13 June 2010, 22:41
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
345 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 Adults needing hotel advice (universal area)

The Crowne Plaza Universal Hotel might suit your needs. It’s located on Universal Boulevard, not very far from universal studios and islands of adventure but very near I Drive also. It’s got some excellent reviews on TA. We have booked to stay here at the end of the year and booked it through www.travelrepublic.co.uk They have a promo rate for that hotel at the moment. They also have free car parking!

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
448 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 Adults needing hotel advice (universal area)

that could be just the ticket!

many thanks, I have actually stayed at the Crowne Plaza at MCO airport and that was perfectly good, plus I have a priorityclub card as well.

thanks for the swift reply.

Fog.

3. Re: 2 Adults needing hotel advice (universal area)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2010, 07:17