We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Texas de Brazil

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Texas de Brazil

Someone advised me to join the Texas de Brazil offer website the other month. Seeing that I'm over next week I put my date of birth while I'm there as you get a birthday offer (sneaky I know!).

Came today 'Complimentary Birthday Dinner' with purchase of full price dinner.

Just wanted to know if they ask for ID to prove your birth date when your there. Don't want to look a Wally, well no more than usual !

I did ask the same question on the LV board but they aren't as friendly as everyone here !

Mentioned in this post
Texas de Brazil
Texas de Brazil
1,870 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,568 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Texas de Brazil

Not sure why they would be friendly there since you are lying to get a free meal.

Other than that I have no idea about the ID.

Va
Level Contributor
11,712 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Texas de Brazil

They do not ask for an ID. Don't feel guilty. TDB offers promotions all the time. It is very expensive because they obviously expect people to use a coupon. Just remember to tip on the full price, not the discounted price.

Northampton
Level Contributor
85 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Texas de Brazil

Did it 2 weeks ago myself. They didn't ask for ID and even gave me a complimentary desert as well.

Don't feel guilty , its expensive anyway (but delicious beyond belief)

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Texas de Brazil

Coming from a country where you do not tip all the time, my question is: What does tipping on the full price not the discount mean in numbers? How many percent?

Also, what is expensive in this case? (I mean we all come from different countries used to diff ranges) How much is a steak and a dessert for instance?

I am going to Orlando Int Dr in a few weeks time, and was recommended to eat at this place.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Texas de Brazil

TdB doesn't have a standard menu. It's an AYCE steakhouse type thing. There is a salad bar and the wait staff come to your table with different skewers of grilled meats. You just tell them which ones you'd like to have. If there are any non-meat eaters in your group they can order the salad bar only.

We have one in Baton Rouge and it runs around $50 per person. The quality is much higher though than most AYCE places.

Jennifer

Edited: 14 June 2010, 15:54
Mentioned in this post
Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge
Louisiana
Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
768 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Texas de Brazil

It is $44.95 per adult and 1/2 price for kids 6-12, free for kids under 6. I called them just yesterday to make a reservation.

How long did the Birthday offer last? We will be going within 2 weeks of mine and my daughter's actual birthdays. Does it have to be on that day exactly?

ads
London, United...
Level Contributor
5,683 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Texas de Brazil

pbuyse2, Hardly the crime of the century, why bother contributing if that’s all you have to offer ! I'd stick to your ESTA info if I was you.

I won’t be able to be there for my proper birthday so I'm taking a leaf out of the Queen's book and having 2 birthdays this year.

For those who had nice replies, thanks.

I guess I can always blag it but might have to be on the soft drinks that night cos I can hardly get my ID out if the card me !

so its £44.95 for 2, sounds great and the tip would be 10% (only joking),

15-20% of $90ish.

perfect.

mrspopeye

Offer lasts a month so get in now and you might get lucky before you go

Gothenburg, Sweden
Level Contributor
226 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Texas de Brazil

45$ per adult is pricey but totally OK if it is as great as people say :)

Thanks for replies.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Texas de Brazil

Don't forget the Florida tax which is 6 1/2% which will be added onto the bill!!

And remember to go very hungry as this is the place to eat.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
essex uk
Level Contributor
138 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Texas de Brazil

Florida tax?

Mentioned in this post