We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Disney really worth it??

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Is Disney really worth it??

I am having a melt down today. We were supposed to go to Disney last year but I had knee surgery and my daughter broke her wrist. We are now supposed to go again this September. But I don't think I can wait for vacation any longer. I am seriously contemplating canceling our trip so we can take a vacation this month somewhere else.

Is it really worth the wait? I just don't think I can hold out any longer. Not for the Disney magic but for some family time. If we get 3-4 hours a week that is about all we get.

Please help! Is it really worth the wait? I am almost completely burnt out!

Halifax
Level Contributor
746 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

it is fantastic for all the family. I really was not bothered about going but it is leagues ahead of any holiday i ever had in Europe and my kids now wont go anywhere else (expensive!!!)

Everything about it is great. I am as cynical as anyone but there is something kind of magical

Not long to go!!!

Southampton, United...
Level Contributor
3,621 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

Please wait, Disney is soooo great, we're going as a family, myself, husband, brother and parents in september, id love to just go now but i know i have to be patient.

Can you put one or two days by before for a family day? or have an evening BBQ get together, or all go and see a film together, thats what we do.

:)

Ireland
Level Contributor
587 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

hi i would wait it will be the best family time you will ever spend together i promise it will be worth it.... could you not bring the disney holiday forward??

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,657 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

force your family to spend time together!!!!

Disney is absolutely worth the wait!! I can appreciate your frustration and eagerness for that quality time - but if there's a will, there's a way.

Hold out for Disney and Orlando - you would kick yourself if you had any regrets!!

Hope this helps!!!

:0) Mango

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,615 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

We love Disney but family time is way more important. I wouldn't wait-seize the day and all that,you never know what the furture will bring( I mean,ash clouds,are you kidding?)Go somewhere else,Disney will be there for a future trip

Fort Worth
Level Contributor
11,261 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

Go on-line and order the Disney planning DVD. Host a Disney Planning Party, with the whole family, right away! Have everyone make a set of Mickey ears to wear, set the table with a Disney theme, and have everyone watch the video together. Spend your family time working out which rides, shows, restaurants, etc. Let everyone pick one thing they must do, and plan accordingly. Anticipation is part of the fun!

You will get the best of both worlds! Family time, right now and the happiest family vacation you can imagine! DISNEY IS WORTH THE WAIT!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

That's how I am feeling Disneyfaninnyc, Disney will be there next year. I don't think anyone understands. My husband works construction and is out of town during the week so it is just me, our 3 kids, and the 4 other kids I babysit for. My husband also owns a small concrete business which he works on during the weekends. Sundays are family days, but it is also the day we catch up on paperwork/bids/invoices for the business. The last time I have been without the kids was November. And that would be the last time my husband and i were together, alone.

Our life is so crazy right now I need a vacation. I am kind of hoping that a vacation may make us slow down and maybe stop one of our businesses.

My kids and I are ALWAYS together, but we never see my husband or their Dad.

3 months is a long time and I find myself getting angry with the kids over little things. I used to love being at home and taking care of everything, but I have been so overwhelmed lately. I just can't keep up with everything anymore.

I am so lost and tired!

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,077 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

I should also note that when I say family time, I don't mean extended family, I mean just my husband and our kids. That's the family time we don't get. I see my parents more than I see my husband.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,615 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

Feeling overwhelemed-all the more reason to take the vacation now. It may not help slow things down but it will give you that much needed break. And waiting three months just seems like one more thing to hassle with. Disney is great but your relaxation and health is more important and even if you can take a weekend a hundred miles away from home -it may just be the break you need. Maybe not the perfect vacation and maybe not breakfast with Mickey but we take a day or two at the shore when we are can and it does help. Please take care of yourself!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
552 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is Disney really worth it??

Hi, we have just returned from a holiday that was "for the Kids" it was fabulous and we got to spend alot of time together, but if you need a break sooner then that's what you need to do. Florida will wait, it waited 30 something (ahem) years for us, and I think we appreciated it more when we got there. Don't feel pressured into something your not ready for.