We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Labor Day in Orlando?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Labor Day in Orlando?

We will be in Orlando in September this year and wondered what happens on Labor Day generally? Never been in the US around Labor Day before.

Should we avoid the parks? Any other info would be great.

Burnley
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Labor Day in Orlando?

same for us next year so any info would be great thanks

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
14,974 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Labor Day in Orlando?

It's pretty much like any other day as far as the theme parks and stores go. We've been many times over that week and it's usually fairly slow. Schools are out but we've just never found it to be a super busy time, even the holiday weekend.

Islands of Adventure (Universal) might be busy due to the new Harry Potter attractions.

The last time we were there Labor Day the outlets at Premium were having huge sales so those stores were a bit crowded :-)

The Disney dining venues are packed due to the Free Dining promotion.

Jennifer

Edited: 29 June 2010, 13:15
Belfast
Level Contributor
186 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Labor Day in Orlando?

I was there on Labour Day 4 years ago, we left Universal STudios after a couple of hours as the lines were just too big and the park too crowded

Alternatively, why dont you stop being such a little priss and come down to Miami and hang out with your real mates!!

Belfast
Level Contributor
186 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Labor Day in Orlando?

Actually are you not banned from airlines Diceman?!

After that incident with the priest and the goat??

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Labor Day in Orlando?

hi

We were in Orlando last September and it was just like any other September day.

Shopping wise, there were no big discounts in any of the outlets or malls.

Weather will be very hot.

Parks will probably be a bit busier due to people not at work/school.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,285 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Labor Day in Orlando?

The parks are pretty busy with locals but since a lot of kids go back to school right after Labor Day(NYC is on September 8),the summer vacationers are gone.

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Labor Day in Orlando?

Most schools all over the US go back in August-early September so I think most families are getting ready for that and have already taken vacation. I find Labor Day weekend to be the least busy of all the three day weekend holidays. I've seen a lot of good resort deals starting Aug 15 so I think that's an indication that the crowds start slowing down. Have fun!

8. Re: Labor Day in Orlando?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 December 2010, 07:17