We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

Wales
Level Contributor
445 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

Hey Everyone

I'm going to Orlando with my family in August/September and am interested in the Pirate Dinner Show and Cirque du Soleil. However, my family are not!! lol. Has anyone been to either of these shows and what's your opinion so I can try to convince them otherwise!! We're 4 adu;ts if that makes a difference.

Mentioned in this post
Orlando
Orlando
Central Florida, FL
pa
Level Contributor
54,713 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

I wouldn't bother with the Pirate Dinner Show

Get the Tickets for Cirque Now, it is amazing, a nice treat, they will thank you later :)

Kentucky
Level Contributor
2,858 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil's La Nouba is a must see.

Kelso, United...
Level Contributor
19,055 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

Personally wouldn't bother with any dinner show, mass catering and hundreds of unruly overexcited kids running around, but if thats your kind of thing then feel free lol.

Cirque is something completely different, I haven't see the show at DTD but have seen 3 Cirque shows in Vegas, they are breathtaking, have you considered Blue Man Group at Universal also saw this in Vegas twice if you like loud music and a quirky show with a bit of audience participation this might fit the bill

Mentioned in this post
Blue Man Group
Blue Man Group
3,457 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

Any Cirque Du Soleil show is worth seeing .... for ALL ages.

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando
Level Contributor
4,474 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

Pirates Dinner Show is really for young children, however, Pirates has just opened a new show called Treasure Travern which is geared to adults (18 and over allowed only) Live music and comedy with a very nice meal...I went last night and it was fun, you should definately consider this.

Cirque is a MUST....!!

6. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 October 2010, 17:44
Manchester N.H.
Level Contributor
12,673 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

The La Nouba Cirque is absolutely fabulous. Just trust us on this one!! Well worth every penny!! :+))

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

Never done Pirates, but have seen a few Cirque shows, including La Nouba, and it's AMAZING - we are hoping to do it again on our next trip.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
9,014 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

La Nouba was great - why not combine it with a meal at House of Blues or one of the other great eateries at DTD.

Pirates? Did someone mention (pirates)? My therapist had almost cured me of this dreadful experience. PIRATES? He has told me never to say this word. Now look what you've done. Flobbado lobbo pfff.

(pirates?)

Mentioned in this post
House of Blues
House of Blues
944 Reviews
Orlando, FL
Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shows - Pirate Dinner and Cirque du Soleil

The Pirate Show is fun if you have a child who is a major pirate fanatic like mine. My biggest problem with the show is the poor quality food.

The Cirque Du Soleil show on the other hand is top-notch entertainment and something everyone can enjoy. It's expensive but I thought it was worth it. It's a more unique experience and so much fun.