We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
8 posts
Save Topic
Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

My family and I are thinking of going to Walt Disney World for 7 nights. So far we are thinking of staying in the Disney's All Stars Resort.

Does anyone know whether the All Stars or any other value or moderate hotels have inter-connecting rooms?? We don't want to be all crammed into one room with 2 adults and 2 children..

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

Yes, my family and I just stayed at the All-Sports last month and had connecting rooms. My husband/kids and I in one room and my parents in the connecting room. We had a longer wait at check-in though because both connecting rooms were not ready. I was also told when I made the reservations that the connecting rooms were not guaranteed but it worked out for us. :)

pa
Level Contributor
53,907 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

Welcome to the forum

All the Value & Moderate Resorts have some connecting rooms. When you make your Reservation, be sure to tell them your request so it is noted and then when you check in, remind them again. We have always gotten connecting rooms when requested

here's a bit of info about the Value Resorts

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…value

Moderates

wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/…moderate

Be sure to check for Discounts

www.wdwinfo.com/discounts.html

Colorado
Level Contributor
3,474 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

Another thing when checking in, and re-requesting connecting rooms, explain that you intend to put the children in a room by themselves. This indicates to front desk personnel that you want to be able to directly supervise your children! Helps to let front desk personnel that there won't be adults in one of the rooms!

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
335 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

There has to be at least one adult staying in the room though. They won't allow only children to be in the room alone. Once you're in the room you do what you want but you can't tell them no adults will be in the room.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

I just stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and had connecting rooms with my sister.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
711 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

have you thought about maybe the all star suite might come out cheaper then two rooms

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,133 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

Well... there does not have to be an adult in a room at Disney.....

They routinely rent to 'youth" groups and families of such a size that having an "adult" in each room is basically impossble. The nice phone folks won't admit that however, but the front desk deals in "reality" and will assist you.

Ventnor City, New...
Destination Expert
for Walt Disney World, Orlando
Level Contributor
4,171 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

They have them, but they specifically tell you that they can't guarantee them. We've requested it twice and gotten it both times, but just in case the resort is filled to the gills, it may not be possible. Like I said, they won't guarantee it.

Look into the family suite at All Star Music. The family suite is two rooms that have been refurbished into a suite. You get a fridge (which you don't get for free in any other value room), but the beds in the second room are fold-outs rather than proper beds. It also has a kitchenette, which is a great convenience.

The family suite costs about the same as 2 rooms. Depending on the season, it could be about $10 more to $10 less than the cost of two connecting rooms.

Again, the family suite is available ONLY at All Star Music.

Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
19,889 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

Make sure you specify connecting rooms and not adjaent rooms. A lot of people make this mistake adn wind up with rooms in the same area but not the rooms with a door inbetween them

10. Re: Inter-connecting rooms for Walt Disney World hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 December 2010, 06:15