We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

Turkey
Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Topic
Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

Hi,

When we visited Six Flags in Washington DC area, they did not allow us to bring in our own water and sandwiches inside the park.

We are planning to go to Orlando in November. What I need to to know if I buy water, etc. from a supermarket, can I take them inside Walt Disney World Parks, Sea World, Universal Studios. And if we can't, for example how much do you pay for a bottle of water or Coke inside the parks? And if we don't go for the dining plan, would it be very expensive to have some lunch inside the parks?? Since I am not from USA, I don't know much about these staff. Thank you for your time reading my questions.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,045 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

I can only comment on Disney. You can bring in a small cooler with water, snacks and things. No alcohol, glass (except for baby food) or wheeled coolers are allowed. No straws are allowed in the Animal Kingdom.

Here's a link to the Disney menus with prices:

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

You can only book a dining plan with Disney if you're staying at a Disney-owned resort. Whether or not it is a good deal for your family depends on the way you eat. Here's some info on the dining plan.

http://allears.net/pl/packages.htm

Happy Planning!

Jennifer

Orlando, FL
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World
Level Contributor
17,426 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

You will not have problems with plastic bottled water at the parks mentioned. Disney and Universal allow drinks, snacks, and other food items that don't require heating and you can use a small soft sided cooler even. Technically, SeaWorld does not allow outside food or drink, but again, you shouldn't have a problem with water. it will cost you around 2 or 3 bucks to buy a bottled water or soda or fountain soft drink in the parks

universalorlando.com/Resort_Information/…

www.seaworld.com/SitePage.aspx?PageID=130

disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/common/helpFAQ…

Rockledge, Florida
Level Contributor
904 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

Disney has no problem with bringing things in. When my children were little, we always brought in juice boxes, water, and fruit snax. We also bought Disney snacks, but this certainly buffered our daily consumption.

Turkey
Level Contributor
47 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

Thank you all for your quick answers :)

newcastle
Level Contributor
3,019 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

the only place we had a problem was aquatica wouldn't allow our sandwiches in. apparently they won't allow roast chicken either!. all the disney parks went through our bags and had no problem with our packed lunches and water. a great tip i got from TA was to freeze some of the water and then it slowly melts through the day meaning its always cold.

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,815 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

We just went to all Disney parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach last week. We brought sandwiches, drinks and snacks to all parks. No problem at all bringing it in. Saved a ton of money. When I did buy water it was 2.50 a bottle. We tried refilling our water bottles but the water tasted horrible. I did bring Crystal Light to pour into the waterbottles, that helped a little.

7. Re: Can you bring your own food and water/soda (drinks) in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 January 2011, 06:16