We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

We have booked at vista cay, have all our park tickets, universal, seaworld and discovery cove. We are not doing disney and we are not big on shopping but the kids will have there own money for toys/gadgets. So by having breakfast in the apartment, will we save much money as the last twice we have been I got a bit sick of all you can eat breakfasts and some days found myself having toast or just fruit. We will have $3000 for 19 days and cards as backups so hoping this will be enough.

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
2,738 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

We tend to do a bit of each by some days eating breakfast out and others in the condo. I think you can save money but we feel its more time that you save, as when you are in a restaurant you can be in there for a good hour. We also find that my daughter and myself can be getting ourselves ready makeup hair etc whilst my husband and son make our breakfast :-) We dont tend to eat big fried breakfasts just toast, bagels, or cereals. Have a fantastic time when you go.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,312 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

When we went last year, the first couple of mornings we went to IHOP, which cost us about $15 plus tip (3 of us), so if you do that every morning, it adds up, although it may be slightly less for the buffets. Thing is though, is that I am really not a big eater, especially breakfast, I normally just have cereal, or toast and some fruit, so I didnt really eat much of what I ordered at IHOP (although it was yummy!), and felt it was a bit of a waste, so we went to Walmart and bought a couple boxes of cereal, milk and some fruit, and we just had that every morning, so I think we probably saved ourselves quite a bit over the 3 weeks we were there, and kept our cholesterol levels down aswell!! LOL!

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,276 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

You will save money but more importantly you may eat healthier, and will save TIME eating in your apt and so getting to the parks early so you spend less time in line.

Going out for breakfast at a Cheap buffet, filling up on unhealthy food, then getting to the parks when the lines are already long isn't my idea of a holiday.

Baton Rouge...
Level Contributor
15,004 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

I keep the fridge stocked with yogurt, cereal, juice and fruit. It saves money and a TON of time.

Jennifer

PMP
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,188 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

Usually on our first day there we have breakfast out. We don't want/need big breakfasts every day so we stock up with cereal, bread, cheese, juice, butter and definitely chocolate milk - and eat leisurely whilst deciding what we are going to do for the rest of the day (we don' t usully plan ahead these days having been so often before).

I can't really see you needing $3000 if you have the park tickets already.

We are also going to Vista Cay in September and plan to shop at the Publix next door - when are you going?

England
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

We are going to Vista Cay next April, like most of you we will stock up on goodies at the Publix nearby. Two years ago we stayed in a condo while skiing in California following on from a stay at Disney in LA and we were glad to be able to prepare a healthy choice every morning after 5 days of Starbucks/Dennys/IHOP breakfasts. It also saved us at least $20/day for our family. I guess it depends on what you prefer, but I would rather spent the extra on having a nicer dinner in the evening.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,385 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

$20 a day (at least $20) over 19 days adds up to a couple of hundred pounds which is alot when you consider you don't really need big breakfasts every day and you do get fed up with them. We always have a breakfast out on the first morning, usually Friendlys but after that stock up on bread, cereal, pastries and fruit. Add the time it saves to the money saved and it's thumbs up for breakfast in the apartment.

By the way, breakfast is the ONLY meal we have in the apartment. I'd NEVER cook an evening meal in it, having a break from preparing dinners is all part of the holiday for me!

Have a great time

N Dartmouth MA
Level Contributor
1,809 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

I agree stay in for breakfast. You'll get to sleep in a little later, eat healthier and save money and time. Maybe go out once in a while.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
46,276 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

You don't have to cook dinner in, but getting Carryout at your fav restaurant, chinese or pizza joint will be cheaper than eating in AND you can have a glass of wine or two. Sometimes we get subs or fried chicken from Publix supermarket as takeout.

So it can save money but the only work will be loading and running the DW lol.

sunderland, uk
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Will we save much by having Breakfast in room ?????

Thanks everyone you all really just confirmed what I thought. PMP we go in August and Holidaynut I am with you on the friendlys for the first ady. My plan was to either have a carry out chinese/pizza from next to vista cay on the first night. Get up on the Sunday and go to friendlys for breakfast and then off to walmart as the kids love the choice in there, back to the pool for a day of chilling. I have been twice before but can't manage to eat a full buffet breakfast everyday.