We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marriott Harbour Lake, is car necessary?

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Marriott Harbour Lake, is car necessary?

Going to stay in Marriott Harbour Lake for 1 week, can I get by just by bus alone? Not sure how far a walk between the hotel and the bus stop at Westwood Blvd? And how big is the hotel? Any advice?

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Marriott Harbour Lake, is car necessary?

Hi- we stayed there 2 years ago-if I remember correctly, trolley and I believe the bus is right outside the enterance-never took the Lynx bus, but the trolley was across the street outside of Cypress Harbour-we only took the trolley once to SeaWorld-very inexpensive. Sorry, don't have any info on the Lynx-just be a little careful with taxis-we had 1 bad experience, where the driver took the extra long way around from Seaworld to the hotel, so we could be charged more. I won't go into all the details (all the other taxis have been wonderful, just a little more leary now). The resort is fantastic, if you have kids, they are going to love this place-clean, on the smaller side, so it's very easy to manage. They have a lake where they fish, activities for the kids, kids center, just an over wonderful hotel!!

New York
Level Contributor
1,526 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Marriott Harbour Lake, is car necessary?

I just realized I never answered if a car is necessary-it's all going to depend on how much you want to rely on the Lynx bus and trolley-we always get a car-just to have it to get some food for the hotel is great. Sometimes I see people waiting in the hot sun for the bus, doesn't look like too much fun! There isn't anything within walking distance.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,860 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marriott Harbour Lake, is car necessary?

We stayed at Harbour Lake last month and I highly recommend a car. They do not have park shuttles, plus you will want to go to the grocery store/ etc to take advantage of the kitchen. As we went up and down Westwood there were people standing at bus stops holding grocery bags and it didn't look like the best way to spend a vacation! Plus in a car you are literally five minutes from SeaWorld, Discovery Cove, and Aquatica.

We all loved it, even my husband who is not a big traveller. You cannot beat those pirate pools!!!!

Hackensack, NJ
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marriott Harbour Lake, is car necessary?

At Harbour Lake, you are really close to the bus stop/I drive shuttle.

Even though I have rented a car in FL, I do not always use it, especially going to Seaworld from your resort.

Even though the I drive shuttle does not have a posted schedule, I have used it to go to Seaworld. It cost 1.25 for adults(one way) and children 12 and under are free. Seniors pay less, I beleive 1/2 fare, on the I-Drive trolley. Multiple day passes are available for the bus and trolley. It might be convient to have a car, but cost is definitely a factor.(car rentals have gone way up). The drivers on the shuttles are very nice and helpful.

I am never in a rush on vacation, so public transportation is always an option and an adventure.

Some of the other posts mentioned having a car for groceries and getting to/from the airport. if there are many in your party, then the car will pay for itselt. check out sights that offer last minute deals on car rentals.

Worksop, United...
Destination Expert
for Orlando, Walt Disney World, Kissimmee
Level Contributor
9,868 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marriott Harbour Lake, is car necessary?

Please take a look at this traveller article: tripadvisor.com/Travel-g34515-c116996/Orland… which, although written with I-Drive in mind, is relevant here as well.

It will be 200-300 yards (metres) to reach a bus stop. However, please note that, at this particular location on Westwood Blvd, the only LYNX service is bus 42. The other I-Drive route, LYNX 8, is a block further east. I-Ride passes here as well.

You can use bus 42 to get to the shops and outlets, and can transfer further north on Westwood Blvd to another LYNX route, 111, to Disney. Everything is at least every 30 minutes, except 42 on Sunday - only once per hour.

Whilst a rental car will, of course, be convenient, it's not a necessity. Using buses saves a lot of money, but costs in time.

6. Re: Marriott Harbour Lake, is car necessary?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2011, 05:18